Depression

What the fuck is happening to human race?
Anxiety and depression seem to be so spreaded all over the world!
Take a look at this forum and you'll realize how many of us have mental disorders...

This is exactly why I have a massive problem with how human beings of today live.
There is no idealism, no-one daring to dream, no-one daring to chase their dreams.
We are locked down to being worker drones for the most part with some temporary solace found on weekends by getting drunk and doing stupid shit.
Surrounded by pollution and hatred and alienation everywhere you look. Subcultures formed entirely OF and BY alienation and deep rooted unhappiness about how the world works.
Theories or beliefs on how or why shit has gotten this way are irrelevant, depression, to me, is so clearly a symptom of society. We allow ourselves to get dragged down by stuff that doesn't really, truly matter. We get stressed out when our pay checks don't come through so we can't pay our fucking rent or eat, when we should all just be living comfortably in the first place without worries about whether you're gonna be fucked for rent money the next month, we get stressed about our income, our social lives, our jobs, our mental health when you realise just how fucking stressed you're getting, which leads to more stress.
It's all fucked.

Every time I fuck off to the middle of no-where and just live on a moment to moment basis, surrounded by nature and clean air, I realise that it's a far more natural way of living. To be surrounded by all this technology is incredible, but we are all part of a massive ecosystem, and we're getting trampled on by the big bad world like we trample on an innocent flower growing in a meadow.

The amount of people with depression these days is worrying. You look at people or tribes that are living off, and with, their land all seem to be healthier in pretty much every way.
Call me a hippy asshole for thinking this way and believing these things, but until we stop treating ourselves like caged fucking rodents, I can only see it getting worse.
I await with baited breath to see if time proves my theories any more correct or incorrect.

+1000

My parents own a small cottage in the middle of fucking nowhere.. and theres not even electricity or water!
You feel so great after sleeping there for a few days.
So yeah, i also believe that we need to reintroduce our selves to the nature.. because clearly we have forgotten what it does for us.

We just need to stop worrying about all the pitiful shit that we're aparrently "supposed" to worry about and start living.
But yeah, a week in Wales staying on a farm and I came home with the most incredible feeling of utter clarity of mind and a crystalline perception of everything.
Gonna be getting the fuck out of town within a couple of years I reckon.

I agree with what you say. I think it's getting to the point where people are realizing that the rat race is really one big fucking joke. strive for happiness, nothing less. if being in the rat race makes you happy then so be it. as far as I'm concerned, our only worry is to survive and be happy.

This is exactly why I have a massive problem with how human beings of today live.
There is no idealism, no-one daring to dream, no-one daring to chase their dreams.

Since you mentioned the fact about no-one chasing their dreams I figured I'd use it as an opportunity to show that if you can name a situation in life I can probably find a Rush song with lyrics to relate to it.

Here is the chorus from the song "The Pass" which I referenced earlier since it's about depression and the possibility of ending it all.

"All of us get lost in the darkness
Dreamers learn to steer by the stars
All of us do time in the gutter
Dreamers turn to look at the cars
Turn around and turn around and turn around
Turn around and walk the razor's edge
Don't turn your back
And slam the door on me"

The lyrics about dreamers (at least to me) speak to the fact that if you are a dreamer and follow your dreams, not letting anyone deter you, you don't get bogged down by the shit that happens in life to detract you.

Just my little Rush reference for the day - I know, I'm a freak.