The Depression (and mocking/support) thread

Schwärzung;8835296 said:
d_t: We aren't trained in psychology as much as a qualified therapist would be; I seriously urge you to get some medical help.

Don't turn to heroin again; that'll only make things worse in the long run.

I'm on my way there at least :p

But yeah, definitely seek out some therapy, as stupid or illogical as it may sound to you, its really all that can help at this point.

And definitely don't turn to abusing ANY drug, that will just make things worse.

forum.jpg

I'm on my way there at least :p

But yeah, definitely seek out some therapy, as stupid or illogical as it may sound to you, its really all that can help at this point.

And definitely don't turn to abusing ANY drug, that will just make things worse.

Honestly, even sober I would like to just roll over and die. My dreams are haunted with memories and wishes. My waking hours are plagued by reality. I fucking lost everything. I am unwilling to go on, at this point. Somewhere I fucked up. I called a therapist a few minutes ago. I don't know if I want to survive long enough to make it there. I stood on a bridge yesterday, and the only thing stopping me was that I couldn't see my son one more time. Or I'm afraid of heights. Who knows? Regardless, if I don't see him soon I'm fucked. I lost fucking everything. I need him. NEED. Not want. That's my whole god damn life. God fucking damn it. I love her too, sure, but that's MY fucking son. God damn it. GOD DAMN IT.

You don't know what the future will bring. You can try to get him back through the legal system. Sue for custody.

That costs money. I have none. No matter. I'm done talking about it here. If I give up and go, then it didn't matter. If not, then maybe I'll return here with some semblance of happiness. We'll see.

One extreme tactic, if all else fails, is to tighten your belt around your neck (not locking anything, the point is not suicide). While it starts to get hard to breathe think of all the good things that have happened, all the good things that are possible(and I mean really fucking think), and of all the possibilities, no matter how unlikely or "impossible", that are still there. As long as you're alive there are options.
There is not one thing that is over,hopeless,or impossible as long as you're alive. I found this after trying the above method(when I started I didn't intend on surviving).

Do I recomend doing this? Fuck no, but sometimes you need to get closer to death to enjoy life.

D_T: I don't know shit about your situation. It sounds pretty damn rough and I respect you for enduring it.
The next time you think of jumping off of a bridge don't think about seeing your son one last time. Think of seeing him many times. Not only will you never see him again if your dead, but he will never get to see you again.

Besides, killing yourself would just make you a Guffers McFucktard...

I've tried to put myself in his shoes, and I do not think I would be this close to suicide. I would battle it through the legal system as long as I could. Money wouldn't matter at all.

Honestly, even sober I would like to just roll over and die. My dreams are haunted with memories and wishes. My waking hours are plagued by reality. I fucking lost everything. I am unwilling to go on, at this point. Somewhere I fucked up. I called a therapist a few minutes ago. I don't know if I want to survive long enough to make it there. I stood on a bridge yesterday, and the only thing stopping me was that I couldn't see my son one more time. Or I'm afraid of heights. Who knows? Regardless, if I don't see him soon I'm fucked. I lost fucking everything. I need him. NEED. Not want. That's my whole god damn life. God fucking damn it. I love her too, sure, but that's MY fucking son. God damn it. GOD DAMN IT.

Imagine what you'd be doing to your son and others by killing yourself, its the most selfish fucking thing possible. Right now, it doesn't matter what you want, you need to make sure your ass gets over to the therapist when the time is set.

Do you seriously want your son growing up knowing his dad killed himself? It doesn't matter what you have right now, just think about next time you'll be able to see him, and the times you'll have together, seeing him grow up, and so on. Do not fucking quit.

The main reason not to kill yourself is, frankly, that your kid needs you. Clearly his mother is a little fucked in the head, and you have a responsibility to make sure he's okay. Killing yourself will absolutely traumatize him.

Once again, you really, seriously need help.

I have a quote to make you all feel better, because it makes me feel great.

"Indeed, the very process of construction and creation foreshadow destruction and decay. The palace of today is tomorrow's ruin, the maiden of the morning is the crone of the night, and the hope of a moment is but the foundation stone of everlasting regret."

edit: Also, not like therapy is an option for most, counting we poor fucks need money to do it.

i used to be depressed. then i started giving less of a shit about anything. now im much better. my head is no longer consumed by negative thoughts, my chest doesnt have that heavy/tight feeling, i fall asleep easily, i relate to people in a cooler manner.

it IS all in your head. stop caring so much. dont try to "cure" your sadness... FUCK IT IN THE ASS! GIVE LESS OF A SHIT, IT WORKS! :D

i used to be depressed. then i started giving less of a shit about anything. now im much better. my head is no longer consumed by negative thoughts,
I fully agree with this. I used to be extremely stressed at my job and would bring, work/terrible day at work, home with me. My anxiety started getting out of hand so i went to see a shrink. It helped immensely, and now i give less of a shit about everything. I'm one happy bastard now :)

I just don't understand it. I had everything...a family of my own. A beautiful woman, a beautiful child, beautiful home...everything. Then, after over two years, she decides all the I love yous and we'll be together forevers were null. I woke up and it was all gone. Suddenly they were all lies and I became a footnote in her life. His too, if this doesn't change soon. What did I do so wrong? I loved them, still do, always will, more than anything in the world. I never hurt them, never cheated, gave it my all. Save for one occasion, I got clean and grew up. Never complained. It just doesn't make any sense. How does one suddenly stop loving someone and try to destroy them completely? I miss them. Fuck. Hell, I'm sober today and feel no better. Still tears. Still in hell. My soul is bleeding out... Fuck me. I don't deserve to cry. Clearly I fucked up. I do not deserve either of them. I don't deserve to be. I wish they knew how I feel right now.