The Great Depression/Butthurt thread

(The bass player)

Total Satan
Jun 7, 2009
A land forlorn
So here it is! Here everyone of you sorry forum members can ventilate your sorrows and problems. I promise I will not make fun of anyone using this thread....but I might be lying...whatever...die!!!

The work lay is trying to make connections with me based off of shitty music again and this other girl has given me her number twice in the last 3 weeks but I can't help but feel a great deal of disinterest even though she's cute, so I still haven't contacted her. Am I doing this right?

1 month left to finish my MBA. that's 1 year and US$ 7k in the garbage. Every decision in my life is wrong. Should never done that.

Well, if that means anything, i switched 3 universities which are completely unrelated to each other and i have no idea how much money did i spend on all of them. I also passed an entrance exam for medicine and got a scholarship for that, but decided not to study. I wish they would let me study literature or something like that since its probably the only thing that interests me, but i cant do anything with a degree like that. Looks like ill be the one that posts the most in this thread fml

Well, if that means anything, i switched 3 universities which are completely unrelated to each other and i have no idea how much money did i spend on all of them. I also passed an entrance exam for medicine and got a scholarship for that, but decided not to study. I wish they would let me study literature or something like that since its probably the only thing that interests me, but i cant do anything with a degree like that. Looks like ill be the one that posts the most in this thread fml

to me i guess, what depresses most if that i lost my "drive" like yourself. dont feel like anything is interesting. In my case my life plan was to have a music studio, but that would give me less money then a literature diploma. haha i feel your pain. It sucks to feel demotivated.

Yes, it does suck :( What are you going to do now?

Funny is that i was a fucking great student, my professor even asked me to work with him on a research but i just lost it, and thats it :( I just couldnt force myself.

I actually started working in a cosmetic store and even thought about giving up with uni, but my salary was barely enough for me to support myself. Sucks to be unqualified for anything :erk:

i feel like saying do what you love. its cliche as fuck, but there it is.

i spent like 8 years of my life in chemistry and i hated every minute of it. sunk into addiction for a while.

if you think about it, what is more of a gamble, doing something you love for little money or not many jobs; or working a job you hate that pays well in the hopes you'll have enough time to pursue your passions.

that being said i tend to hide anything im proud of because it tends to be incredibly lame :lol:

I've been sort of on and off speaking to this one girl I met at school last year for the entire summer (I graduated this year, and start university in the Spring) - she's been sort of persistent and the impression I get is that she's into me. I'm generally pretty weary of taking any sign of friendliness as romantic interest, but for this girl, it seems pretty clear.

I don't think I'd want anything to come out of it though - on one hand, she's really cute and nice, but on the other, I don't think I have much in common with her. We first sort of began talking through speaking about music, but we don't even have that much in common musically - she listens mostly to glam rock, post-punk, and 90s alt rock.

There's another girl who I've been speaking to over the summer, a bit less - she's not particularly attractive or nice, but she is interesting. She listens to black metal and melodeath, for one, and seems much more intelligent. Not exactly a romantic interest, but she has said she'd be down for a bit of "something" sometime. So I've got that going for me.

So you did it :loco:

Fine, ill start first :( In the span of 3 days i lost 2 close friends :sigh:

I relate. I stopped speaking to my closest friend last month. Kinda leaves a hole in your life that you need to fill up - but, look at it this way: when you do, it'll be filled up with something better.

i feel like saying do what you love. its cliche as fuck, but there it is.

i spent like 8 years of my life in chemistry and i hated every minute of it. sunk into addiction for a while.

if you think about it, what is more of a gamble, doing something you love for little money or not many jobs; or working a job you hate that pays well in the hopes you'll have enough time to pursue your passions.

that being said i tend to hide anything im proud of because it tends to be incredibly lame :lol:

I can relate to this a lot. I was pressured to go to university a few years ago and do an "academic" degree instead of a creative one, even though I am far more creative than academic. Now I'm stuck doing a degree I absolutely hate because I find it so boring and dull, and I'm not doing particularly well in it because I don't enjoy it and I find it difficult (the uni I went to is one of the snobby smart ones in our country...dunno how I managed to get into it to be fair). I try really hard as well, I'm not one to just give up and not bother.

I wish I could go back in time and choose what I really wanted to do - like creative writing or music journalism. Less career paths with these but they are something I'm passionate about and would enjoy more as I'm good at them.

Luckily I just have one year left to go :kickass: being stuck in education isn't for me, I much prefer working and I can't wait to get full time employment instead of part time which I currently have!

one thing i'll say (get ready for cruelty), dont date a girl you arent attracted to lol. i went out with a fat girl for a while (and i dont mean pudgy or out of shape, i mean straight up and down fat). we had everything in common, girl was as sweet as pie, we are still great friends to this day. we never once had sex, i never pushed for it. im seriously glad we didnt, the look on my face im sure would have killed her.
of course, to each their own, there was just 0 physical attraction for me personally.

@ghost. i am almost positive im older than you haha, im the oldest one in my program (its 11 months, im like 26 or 27 i think...starting to lose track). its never too late to switch :). if you hate it now you wont start liking it later haha. i didnt want to switch to something else either, but no one really knows what theyre doing. i still live with my parents lol, but i dont have crippling university debt like all my friends. to each their own :)
i think the most important thing about education is critical thinking. not just questioning things but also how to reason out an argument, how to research (i have some retard on my facebook who is super against eating fish from japan for radiation reasons, vaccinations, fluoridated water, he gets all his info from shitty blogs)

^ I would change but I've only got one more year left and I think it's probably best to tough it out :) I've already completed 2 years so dropping out now would be a waste, but hell I am so excited to finish this final year :lol: