I'm being cheeky-nowt to do with Saxon,but it IS for a good cause!

Sammi951

Sep 9, 2002
Hyde, Manchester
Visit site
Hi everyone

I'm doing the "Race for Life" (a 5k run) to raise money for cancer research on 8th July 2007, in memory of my mum, who died of cancer five years ago, aged 53 :( :cry:

This will be no easy task, as I am totally unfit, and have no stamina whatsoever (ask Paxoman! lol)...but it is something I have always wanted to do, but have never plucked up the courage before. So I am going to be really cheeky, and ask anyone who wishes to sponsor me, to do so here:-

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/SamMillns

Any amount, no matter how small would be gratefully received :)

If anyone does go on my page to sponsor me, please don't be put off by the part where it says "create an account" - you aren't, it just asks for your name so they can send you stuff through the post - but you have the option to say you don't want any further information :) You also have to pay by card, but it is secure - honest!!

Thanks for reading!

Only too pleased to sponsor you Sammi. I lost both mum and dad (in the same year) to the big C. It's a cause close to my heart and I wish you the best, good on you!

My Mum did a Race For Life last year, that was 5k too. She ran in memory of her sister who passed away from breast cancer 2 years ago :cry:

Best of luck Sammi!

i will support you too !!!

here´s my toy with which i will make you be the first to run over the goal marks:

samwhipha1.jpg

i´ll be right behind you on my inline-skaters...

found it in a nearby sex-shop but it can be used manifold

:saint:

Hi everyone

I'm doing the "Race for Life" (a 5k run) to raise money for cancer research on 8th July 2007, in memory of my mum, who died of cancer five years ago, aged 53 :( :cry:

This will be no easy task, as I am totally unfit, and have no stamina whatsoever (ask Paxoman! lol)...but it is something I have always wanted to do, but have never plucked up the courage before. So I am going to be really cheeky, and ask anyone who wishes to sponsor me, to do so here:-

http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/SamMillns

Any amount, no matter how small would be gratefully received :)

If anyone does go on my page to sponsor me, please don't be put off by the part where it says "create an account" - you aren't, it just asks for your name so they can send you stuff through the post - but you have the option to say you don't want any further information :) You also have to pay by card, but it is secure - honest!!

Thanks for reading!

Good luck Sammi! I'm behind you 100 % :kickass:

I lost my mum 27 yrs ago today in fact :erk:

She died from cancer too and she was 59.

Friesland is a province in the north of the Netherlands and part of the bigger region known as Frisia. Its name in the Frisian language is Fryslân, which has also been its official name since 1997, and is therefore also used in official Dutch language publications. Friesland has 643,000 inhabitants (2005) and its capital is Leeuwarden (Ljouwert), with 91,817 inhabitants, in the center of the province.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friesland

Netherlands_map_large.png

have fun reading :)

Sammi thx for the kind words. Saxonator thx for the link. And this is the Frisian anthem:(english translation see below)

Frysk bloed tsjoch op! Wol no ris brûze en siede,
en bûnzje troch ús ieren om!
Flean op! Wy sjonge it bêste lân fan d'ierde,
it Fryske lân fol eare en rom.
Chorus (2x)
Klink dan en daverje fier yn it rûn,
Dyn âlde eare, o Fryske grûn!
Hoe ek fan oermacht, need en see betrutsen,
oerâlde, leave Fryske grûn,
Nea waard dy fêste, taaie bân ferbrutsen,
dy't Friezen oan har lân ferbûn.
Chorus (2x)
Fan bûgjen frjemd, bleau by 't âld folk yn eare,
syn namme en taal, syn frije sin;
Syn wurd wie wet; rjocht, sljocht en trou syn leare,
en twang, fan wa ek, stie it tsjin.
Chorus (2x)
Trochloftich folk fan dizze âlde namme,
wês jimmer op dy âlders grut!
Bliuw ivich fan dy grize, hege stamme,
in grien, in krêftich bloeiend leat!
Chorus (2x)

[edit] English translation
Frisian blood, rise up! Foam, boil,
and thud through our veins!
Come! Let us sing of the best land in the world,
the Frisian land full of honour and pride.
Chorus (2x)
Sound then and thunder it far all around,
Thine ancient honour, oh Frisian ground!
However threatened by superior might, distress, or by the sea,
age-old, beloved Frisian ground,
Never were those strong bonds broken,
that tied Frisians to their land.
Chorus (2x)
Unused to bowing, the Frisian people stood by their honour,
their name and their tongue, their sense of freedom.
Their word was as law, their teaching modest and true,
and opposed to coercion from wherever it might come.
Chorus (2x)
Honourable people of this ancient name,
be always proud of your ancestors!
Remain forever on that high grey stem
a green and strongly flourishing shoot!
Chorus (2x)

could be a Saxon lyric...ghe,ghe

Fingers - :OMG: Thanks very much for your generosity! I'd better make sure I don't let anyone down now, hadn't I? lol I am "in training" (ahem) as we speak...I've been going to the gym at work and bouncing on my trampoline each night (whilst listening to Saxon/Judas Priest/AC/DC/Status Quo mostly!)...not done any jogging yet - but I will do when I can sort out the portable oxygen tent!! :lol: :D

No worries Sammi. Everyone of us has been touched by this awful disease, some clearly more than others as this thread highlights :cry:

Good luck with the training, I am now slightly worried that you have mentioned a Trampoline, Saxon, Priest, DC and Quo in the same sentence :lol: But I needn't worry about your ceiling's eh ?:p