I'm getting a bike today.

Nagle

poser, not guitarist
Aug 19, 2002
Philadelphia, PA
bathotaxe.com
I'm looking for a used road bike with an upper price limit of around $100. Won't be the best bike in the world but it'll sure be fun. I'm leaving now, in fact. See ya, sluts.

No way dude. I'm much too delicate for one of those things.

Addendum:

I got the bike and it rides well but man... Riding from 50th & Baltimore back to 15th & Pine made me acutely aware of how out of shape I am. I even had to stop at Allegro's to get something to drink midway through my ride.

Philly is such a hard bike city--one of my roommates and a friend both got hit by cars the year I lived there.

Ah, Allegro's--nice. :) like 4 blocks from my old house.

Alex: If anything, Philly's bike-friendly since it's relatively flat and there are designated bike lanes on some of the major roads. It sure beats DC, anyway.

Allegro's: AWESOME tomato pie and a name that appeals to my music-geek sensibilities.

all my 'graffiti friends' in philly ride their track bikes around and say it's the best way to get around philly. i just got a hybrid bike and it fucking RULES. it was wicked expensive but it was worth it because it's so comfortable and shit.

the streets with the bike lanes are nice. and i used to take a detour to ride home from center city on that long looping road that leads from city hall to the art museum...can't remember what it's called, with all the international flags...

Oh yeah. I know what you're talking about. It intersects JFK at a diagonal near City Hall, right?

I can't really get down with track bikes. My roommate has one and it's pretty nerve racking for me to ride because you can't really turn sharply with it (to avoid cars) and I could never learn to skid with one of them so I basically have to let the bike slow down by itself and when I'm going slow enough, unclip from the pedals and stop with my feet.

Originally posted by Nagle
Oh yeah. I know what you're talking about. It intersects JFK at a diagonal near City Hall, right?

I can't really get down with track bikes. My roommate has one and it's pretty nerve racking for me to ride because you can't really turn sharply with it (to avoid cars) and I could never learn to skid with one of them so I basically have to let the bike slow down by itself and when I'm going slow enough, unclip from the pedals and stop with my feet.

funny mental picture

Speaking of Philly, I just got back in from a crew regatta at Fairmont Park today. This was my first time in Philly, and actually my first time ever north of Baltimore (i know, i should add variety to my life eventually). Quite a fun trip.