I'm Keyboardist and need a little GUITAR DIST help!

marmotelio

New Metal Member
Oct 23, 2009
Hi friends!! :D

I'm currently mix one song , and

I've a question!!!

I wish my "dry" guitars (recorded by a friend)
Sound like this:

http://youtu.be/7eTqM4f9Lew?t=3m16s

(3:16)

I mix my song in REAPER

Can you help about a config eq or preset in VST effects ???
(i've tse, and poulin plugins)

VERY THANKS!!!

Can you explain this?

Okay, I'm gonna clarify: The guitars in your example sound huge and awesome, if it'd be that easy to achieve such a sound, one big problem for everybody around here would be solved. Cheers

Okay, I'm gonna clarify: The guitars in your example sound huge and awesome, if it'd be that easy to achieve such a sound, one big problem for everybody around here would be solved. Cheers

I'm a noob guy but I know that not exist a "magic trick" in all relative to
mix and mastering world.

In all my life, my preferred style is Power Metal and the particular sound of guitar distortion is an thing that I can easily understand.

This topic is about a way to familiarize a power metal keyboardist with heavy metal distortion knowledge with this particular sound (metalcore, xcore).

The riff in the song is evidently not a power metal sound!
I love anyone send my cheap codes to understand the way to give "this sound" to my clean recorded riffs, NOT THE STUDIO QUALITY because I'M A POOR LATIN GUY WITH A OLD PENTIUM MACHINE (BUT WITH VERY MUCH CREATIVITY :headbang::)

record the guitar twice pan hard left/right and record harmonies and pan them around 50-90% left/right (find the spot where it sounds the best)...might help... If your asking about how to reamp them to sound good than I'm sorry... that beyond my skills.... try lower gain you get cleaner sound and it better fits together

record the guitar twice pan hard left/right and record harmonies and pan them around 50-90% left/right (find the spot where it sounds the best)...might help... If your asking about how to reamp them to sound good than I'm sorry... that beyond my skills.... try lower gain you get cleaner sound and it better fits together

Hi man, Very thanks for your advice
I'havent Reamp equipment
I have 2 guitar Tracks 100% left and 100% right

Each Track have this config:
configrw.png

http://soundcloud.com/marmotelio/trozito

Please listen , in the final part....i want this sound.

**In the BUS, THE GUITAR TRACKS WAS A LOW CUT AROUND 62

Hi man, Very thanks for your advice
I'havent Reamp equipment
I have 2 guitar Tracks 100% left and 100% right

http://soundcloud.com/marmotelio/trozito

Please listen , in the final part....i want this sound.

**In the BUS, THE GUITAR TRACKS WAS A LOW CUT AROUND 62

for the final part add a third track in the middle a fifth of octave higher... I think they did the same on that song you posted in the first post... the haas effect sends the guitar to another channel?

for the final part add a third track in the middle a fifth of octave higher... I think they did the same on that song you posted in the first post... the haas effect sends the guitar to another channel?

ok, i will try this!!

Yes, the last plugin in the chain is the hass vst.

After this the two channels are send to another channel called
"bus"<-this bus have a q10 vst with a low cut and some cuts in HI
and a L2 MAXIMIZER.