I'm looking for a certain kind of metal?

The_Man_In_Yellow

New Metal Member
Jun 9, 2015
I don't really care for dark sounding music or Satanic/religious/fantasy themes, but It can be aggressive and/or fast. The kind of vocals I'm seeking range from clean (Ozzy) to raspy (James Hetfield); I'm not looking for death growls or evil shouts/yells.

I'm thinking more along the lines of this.

some more modern music would be much appreciated too.

Last edited:
So bands that sound sort of like early Anthrax? You might try:

Older:
D.R.I.
Defiance
Paradox
Artillery
Tankard
Forbidden
Laaz Rockit
Xentrix
Testament
Overkill
Nuclear Assault
Stormtroopers of Death

Newer:
Hatchet
Municipal Waste
Exarsis
Evile
Lich King
Bonded by Blood
Gama Bomb

Reactions: CiG
You should definitely check out Tankard man! Even if they happen to touch on any of the themes you said you didn't want, it's all tongue-in-cheek and comical. They don't care about anything and practically started the whole "party thrash" thing except they don't suck balls.

You should definitely check out Tankard man! Even if they happen to touch on any of the themes you said you didn't want, it's all tongue-in-cheek and comical. They don't care about anything and practically started the whole "party thrash" thing except they don't suck balls.
yeah, I guess I don't really have a problem with those themes themselves, but with how the bands that do have those themes in the their music seem to take those themes too seriously. All those themes just seem silly to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: CiG