Looking for some kind of death metal

Yeah, I don't know if the CD goes chronologically (like most compilations), but the first few songs' samples sounded quite good. The last two weren't quite up there for me (but didn't listen to all samples).

I'll see how I get on with it when it comes. But so far, that Death CD rocks and will definately dominate my ipod for a while.

I like their song warzone (and the raining blood CD is obviously a classic). MAkes me want to run over people in my car, lol.

listen to my recs dagnamit, just youtube them you wont be disappointed

Hi again, just wanted to say thanks again for the recommendations. It will take me ages to go through all of them.

I have, however, found two bands that I quite enjoy the sounds of, though they probably contradict some of my initial criteria.

One is "Suffocation" - their later things sound quite good. The other is some swedish band called Sanctification. They have an album called Black Reign which has some good sounding songs on it.

ha, you've progressed better than i thought you would. all of Suffocation is great, and if you like them, you'll like early Immolation and later (maybe all) Dying Fetus. quite possibly the newest Nile as well.

I would go straight to Incantation's first three albums if you like Suffocation. They're basically Immolation but better..