I'm not playing for Dimmu Borgir

I'm NOT going to play for Dimmu Borgir. This whole rumour thing has been quite funny to watch, and I'm honoured that some people think I would be able to fill Tjodalv and Barker's shoes. Their drumming is excellent and especially Nick's work is demanding, so I would probably need a couple of months to get in shape for such an extreme style of playing (especially since I've hardly played drums at all since I did the Vintersorg album last summer). Tjodalv told me he rehearsed with the band (and according to Simen it sounded great) but he ultimately decided not to leave Susperia, who's busy promoting their new album (check it out!). As far as I know, Dimmu want to try out a couple of other drummers (I have names but I'm not going to add to the rumour mill) before they decide on a permanent member, so I can understand why Tjodalv doesn't want to risk his position in Susperia. I've been told Dimmu Borgir are going to post a statement about the drummer-situation very soon. Good luck to the new (session?) drummer!

- Asgeir

asgeir said:
I'm NOT going to play for Dimmu Borgir. This whole rumour thing has been quite funny to watch, and I'm honoured that some people think I would be able to fill Tjodalv and Barker's shoes. Their drumming is excellent and especially Nick's work is demanding, so I would probably need a couple of months to get in shape for such an extreme style of playing (especially since I've hardly played drums at all since I did the Vintersorg album last summer). Tjodalv told me he rehearsed with the band (and according to Simen it sounded great) but he ultimately decided not to leave Susperia, who's busy promoting their new album (check it out!). As far as I know, Dimmu want to try out a couple of other drummers (I have names but I'm not going to add to the rumour mill) before they decide on a permanent member, so I can understand why Tjodalv doesn't want to risk his position in Susperia. I've been told Dimmu Borgir are going to post a statement about the drummer-situation very soon. Good luck to the new (session?) drummer!

- Asgeir
I liked Tjodalv saw him in 1997 with Dimmu and it had style

asgeir said:

- Asgeir

Thanks for posting to make everything clear :) :headbang:

Asgeir as we know him....

nm-asgeir01.jpg

Asgeir with Dimmu...

fcriss.JPG

I think there have been 3 news-stories on blabbermouth :loco:
Asgeir is playing.... he is not playing... wait he is playing.... hmmm.. :Spin: