I'm pleased to announce this exciting new project.. Silent Sentient

~ TheD. ~

Steam-Prog Contraptor
Hey gang,

I am stoked to finally talk about an excited collaboration that has been years in the making and is finally officially coming together. It is a project quite different from a lot of the intense prog stuff and will use a lot of acoustic instruments and a string quartet. This album is specifically centered around the aspects of love and relationships, essentially encompassing the emotions and spiritual aspects of the primal human condition. It also is centered around the amazing voice of one Chris Salinas (Power of Omens, Zero Hour) and my role as Producer and guitarist is to really supply the canvas of which Chris will express himself using his incredible range with very raw material full of heart and soul.

Joining us in this project is our veteran friend and brilliant composer/producer/singer/drummerer with over 70 albums to his credit.. you may remember him from his earlier work in Mind's Eye… Mr. Daniel Flores. Daniel will bring the drums and percussion, and perhaps some orchestral contributions to this awesome project.

All I can say right now is it may or may not be your cup of tea, the demos sound amazing, and the closest thing I can even think of that you might find some similarities to is Queensryche's Promised Land with songs like Bridge, Out of Mind, and Someone Else.

Demos and ideas are being put through the creative filter at the moment and preproduction will begin in November. We may or may not take the project forward to finish and mix at WireWorld Studio but we hope to depending on schedule and budget.

Look for an early Spring 2015 release worldwide on AetherWax records, and based on the reception we hope to do some touring!

Right now we are just getting underway but you can follow our progress on our Facebook page here:

http://www.facebook.com/silentsentient

Cheers!

Dietrick

D, that's one of the coolest sounding projects I've heard of in a long, long time. I love Chris when he's not just wailing and flailing and lets his power and emotion carry his voice. It will be awesome to have an entire album of his vocals grounded a bit. I think his performance on I Am Here from Specs is probably my favorite vocal of his, and it sounds like you're writing a bunch of tunes like that. I'll hit you up on facebook I wanna keep up with this.

Thanks guys, the first thing I told Chris when we discussed it.. that I get good gooseflesh when he sings "…Free me, I am not to be held down
All this life I have to give, please allow… My God, please help me now, I need a sign.. to carry on, I need You, I need You." I want to hear more of THAT! He just laughed and said OK! Let's see what we can do! I have some stuff! … and I said… I, too, have some stuff that will mix with your stuff and make a mighty fine Goulash!

And believe me, the stuff Chris is passionate about doing in this project and has presented me is going to make some serious gooseflesh on some metal heads.