I'm selling original kayo Dot and motw album artwork - look here!

Throw Mia's name and/or picture on something and watch the money roll right in.

You could make the Kayo Dot board game where you sit in a van for five hours and then go and fight demons.

I guess the Kayo Dot role-playing game would be more your style.

This thread has been fun.
Anyway, like I kind of said before, I think you should definitely get out there more with your music. I know that it involves a lot of time and money investment, and that you want to break even and not lose money, but someone with the track record of selling records, as well as the critical accolades and support you have needs to try to take more advantage of it.
Even if you think small in terms of releasing music with other labels, its better than zero.
Unless you're worried about quality, you need to get out there more performing in terms of your own stuff.
Anyway, just my two cents man.
I remember what you said at the end of last tour about how you wanted to be active touring etc, if we as a band weren't and that really inspired me (although I don't think anyone noticed haha). So I think you should go for that more if you can.
As far as May 31 goes, good luck and dont do anything too out there to get that paper.

Thanks forbes, I mean of course that's what I would most prefer to do. Unfortunately, everything I can do musically involves relying on other people to help me (like in terms of doing "solo" shows especially.) As is, it's hard enough to get our band members to practice twice a week, Mia's in Europe, and even when i ask totally high-profile people to help me find local cellists I turn up squat.

I feel that in terms of the solo stuff, unless I either devise some way to really do "solo" shows (and I'm not into pre-recorded tracks at all), I'm very restricted by others' schedules or level of interest. I'm sure this is every musician's problem... but is also the main reason why it's not working for me at the moment. I think I could definitely find SOMEONE to put out a record for me, I've already talked to a few people, but I need demos and I can't do them until Mia gets back.

Pretty awesome first post by WW, probably been lurking this place for years but finally decided enough was enough and it was time to act out!

Astral Poetry said:
Oh man, do you guys remember when there was an idea for a limited edition songbook for maudlin or kayo? Like, it would be a score of each album with artwork done by toby and tabs. I can't remember the exact details, but If Toby got a chance to make a master copy and then makes prints, they could go for an easy $50 I would say. A score of CotE would be an awesome investment to most.

I must say, I'd pay quite a bit for a songbook for Bath, LYBM, or CotE. I think the amount of work it would take would not be worth it though unless you had a lot of preorders.