I'm thinking of getting some new cd's, what are your thoughts on these?

symphonyXjapan said:
BTW on the Zero Hour web site it says the lineup for Death Machine and the names were not Jasun or Troy Tripton, but the drummer said Mike. So all I could relate to the two bands was that "Mike" meant Mike Guy from Zero Hour. The guitarist and bassist were not the twins though?
Both the Tipton twins use pseudonyms in Death Machine.

Prog...

I'd be really curious to hear how the Kari Rhueslatten album is. She was irradescently magical with The 3rd And The Mortal.

The new Hammers Of Misfortune sounds like it's really good. No more growls and male and female vocals.

Let me know.

Platinum Maze said:
I've also only heard Adagio (GET IT!), but this talk about Sun Caged has me intrigued...
Good! :D

Check out their website which has the following surprising url:

http://www.suncaged.com/ ;)

You can also check out their forum here on UM. They are a friendly relax bunch that post quite often on their forum.

Got a few songs off the Balance of Power album, and saw them live at Bloodstock 02. Pretty good stuff, but I wouldn't have thought they were your cup of tea.

ProgMetalFan said:
wow... I just listened to some of those Sun Caged clips... INCREDIBLE! I am definately getting that album... and the new Wolverine... I just checked out the video for "New Best Friends" from the Earache website... very cool.

I just checked out http://www.marcelcoenen.com/ who is the Guitarist in Sun Caged, I DL'd a few of his home videos and let me tell you, my jaw just fuckin' DROPPED...This guy is like somewhere between MJR and Vai, Actually he sounds a LOT like Vai, right down to his tone, infact, does anyone know how to get that sweet ass tone without spending huge amounts of bling bling, if anyone knows, please tell me.....I think im gonna get his solo intrumental CD...
Mike, please do a project with this guy...:headbang:

As it says on his site, Marcel uses a Marshall JMP-1 which is a pretty cheap preamp - he pairs it up with a Mesa 2:90 which is fairly pricey but still not bad for good tone. He did go direct with the JMP-1 for some recordings but I don't know if they were the ones on his site.