I'm trying my hand at orchestras....

Damian B

¯\(°_o)/¯
Nov 8, 2007
NC, USA
It's an intro to a massive, beastly epic song that I have in my head... I've mostly been doing really simple orchestral stuff lately (just strings mostly; all playing the same thing), but I'm trying now to do some composition for the entire symphony.

It's just a start, but what do you think? Any tips?

http://www.box.net/shared/yfwyjrdi8g

:headbang:

the drum beat under the pizzicato section is pretty bad ass dude. It works really well. Really cool stuff. I can see how this could be a beastly epic song though. What are you using to write this? What sound library is it?

Cool, reminds me of Within Temptation. I agree with bshuker about adding a touch of Reverb to the Drums, plus pull them back a bit, they kinda overpower the mix. Just my opinion though, sounds great apart from that.

hey guys, thanks for all of the relies. i'm working right now on trying to get things a little more balanced. the beginning is a little boring, and i know some of the instrument combinations are kinda weird. i have some experience with orchestras from playing timpani in my local youth symphony, but not much else besides that lol ;)

anyways, i'll keep with it, and we'll see what happens :kickass:

thanks again, and any other feedback is still much appreciated!