Imagika hits the studio!

Imagikadrummer said:
We are recording this weekend up @ Prairie Sun Studios in Cotati. One step closer to completing this CD! Woohoo!

I'll post some pics here and on the site early next week.

Have a good weekend.

:headbang:

-H

Thank God -- I finally got my bass tracks done!!!! Woo-hoo!!! The moment I had been anticipating for the almost-three years that I have been in the band. I appreciate everyone's support & kind words about the bass tracking yesterday. There's some wicked, wicked drumming, guitars, and vocals going on with this album!!!

I realized that 2004 marks my 20th year playing bass, so it will be even that much more special for me to have an album out this year. And to be on an album with such killer musicians & great people is such an honor.

It's definitely a blast recording with these guys!!! And, what an incredibly beautiful place Cotati is.

Have fun today--
Len

A quick update on the recording. After Len finished her tracks(killer by the way, most tracks were almost first takes with a few punch-ins. Len's a bass monster!) Norm nailed 6 vocals that weekend in about a total of 4-5 hours. Pretty damn impressive since there was a lot of layering of vocals and such. His new nickname is Metal Chameleon since he is able to switch between many different vocal styles. It's a nice touch to the CD since it gives it a lot of different sonic and melodic flavors. New Boy Pat "Puni" Toms was up next and ripped a few killer leads to make the guitars on the CD even more intense. The guys a fuckin' insane shredder! Wait till you hear the trade off leads we did on a tune called "Still I Dream" Guitar Mania! I was up next and I just had to add some additional guitars to finish off a couple of new arrangements. Not bad for one weekends work. Norm will get the next 6 tunes done this month and we can finally schedule the mix. I think all our fans will be surprised with the CD when done because it's even impressing me! And that's hard to do with my own shit. Stay tuned................

Steve-Imagika

:hotjump: Fucking a Steve can't wait to hear the final outcome. From those demos I have heard, they are amazing and dayum Norm you got some killer pipes dude!!!I cannot wait to hear you guys play the weekend after next I know it will be like seeing a whole new band. :headbang:

Oh yeah is it cool if I play some of the demo's on my show Steve? I have played a few already (for Bruce actually, he wanted to hear it) so I can start pumping it for you guys? Or shall I wait?

Bear

Thanks Bear! I'm pretty excited about the 23rd as well. It should be a really kick ass time. I was personally really happy with the way the vocals turned out on the demos... Steve knows how to work his magic.

Bear said:
:hotjump: Fucking a Steve can't wait to hear the final outcome. From those demos I have heard, they are amazing and dayum Norm you got some killer pipes dude!!!I cannot wait to hear you guys play the weekend after next I know it will be like seeing a whole new band. :headbang:

Oh yeah is it cool if I play some of the demo's on my show Steve? I have played a few already (for Bruce actually, he wanted to hear it) so I can start pumping it for you guys? Or shall I wait?

Bear

That's cool. Play a tune or 2 if you like no prob. See you next weekend.
Steve

:headbang: got some good response last night Steve, Mike from Division was very impressed and said from the 3 (sorry didnt read this until today) songs I played Imagika should no doubt get a killer deal, and I totally agree, I cannot wait to hear the new album. kick ass

Bear

Bear said:
:headbang: got some good response last night Steve, Mike from Division was very impressed and said from the 3 (sorry didnt read this until today) songs I played Imagika should no doubt get a killer deal, and I totally agree, I cannot wait to hear the new album. kick ass

Bear

Cool! What tunes did you play? Deal? Not from the feedback I recently received, but we don't give a f#$K because we love the new material! HA! Thanx for the push! C-Ya at the POUND!

Steve

Actually I think since Len & I joined the band the beer consumption percentage dropped a huge amount and poor Pat has not been able to make up the diffrence.

Hey guys let's all drink Pap's. LOL! (Inside joke)

Pap's Blue Ribbon and a sandwich that is free if you guess the weight... gotta love Cotati. LOL! Oh and how could I forget the ever chubby lesbians at Reds! I actually think their may have been some incest going on in that place.

yeah why won't anyone make me a f&*kin' sandwhich I've been here for 15 minutes! Boy we all looked rather stupid!

Steve

Pabst Blue Ribbon!!!
PBR!
"I've got Pabst Blue Ribbon on my Shoulder..."

Pabst even has a Pabst Genuine Draft!

I LOVE PBR!!!!!!!!!!!

Cold PBR....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!