Imaginaerum movie premiere!

I'm not sure if anyone's asked this yet, but are there any plans for it to be released in USA theaters at some point?

I think it would be awesome if Nightwish were to release a DVD of the show as well as the movie in one package.

The last it was mentioned, Stobe said something on his Twitter about them approaching "international" deals, but they didn't say if the U.S. was one of the countries involved. The closest the movie will be in a theater to us (to our knowledge so far) is when it gets a South American release in early '13.

Tuomas said himself in our interview that he really doubted this movie would hit U.S. theaters; the possibility of being shown in Canada was slightly greater because the movie was filmed there, but he didn't think it had a huge chance of being in North American theaters. :(

The movie will be shown in German cinemas on 18th March. Only that evening, so it seems.
I just bought my tickets :) First one to buy tickets for Bochum, had all possibillities :)
uaaaah, i am so excited!!!!

i surely will ;-) another good thing is that the cinema to which i am going is one of the best and most modern ones in europe! VIP seats, huge screen and some kind of super special sound system (at least thats what the cinema says)!

it kind of sounds strange in german ;-) i am glad the version i am going to see is in english ;-)
i am a little bit surprised because i thought there would only be the english version?

i just got back from the cinema and i have to say i am still a bit confused ;-) i will try my very best to order my thoughts and give you some impressions on how i experienced imaginaerum.

first of all, it took me some minutes to get into the film. the first ten minutes were kind of disappointing for me, but after a while as the story developed i got into it and really enjoyed the ride ;-)
i wont give any details on the story here, you have to experience it by yourself! all i have to say is that the reviews about the movie were right, the story is at some points hard to follow.

in the end it gets very emotional, i dont know why but the end didnt really touch me whereas my girlfriend couldnt stop the tears for about ten minutes.

all in all, i have to see the film a few times more to say whether i like it or not. i will definitly buy the dvd as soon as possible!

sorry for the short answer here, i am a bit tired and confused. maybe i can remember more details later on ;-)

Thanks for the review, Ben! It seems a majority of the folks who have seen the movie all say similar things; that one has to experience it for themselves in order to fully understand it, or that certain parts of the movie were either hard to follow or seemed "rushed" or "unfinished". But I'm glad you were able to see the film in the theaters and hopefully once you have had some time to let it sink in, you will come back and tell us a little more about your impressions of it.

Tuomas did say in our interview last year that the end of the movie would be a tear-jerker, so I'm totally prepared for that. I can't wait 'till this comes out on DVD.

about 10.000 people watched the movie yesterday in Germany and Austria. That is more than 100 people per cinema :) as a result, Germany gets another chance to see the film at the cinema.

From the imaginaerum facebook page:
Who's awesome? You are awesome!
About 10.000 people watched Imaginaerum all across Germany and Austria last night, exceeding our expectations! We are happy to announce that two more dates have been added: April 1st (german dubbing) and April 3rd (subtitled). The participating cinemas will be announced soon!

more things i remember from the movie:
- usually nobody cares about the credits. well, imaginaerum is the first film i saw, where nobody stood up before the credits ended and the lights went back on.
- imaginaerum can't be compared to the blockbusters you normally see in cinemas. you will notice right at the beginning that it is a low budget film --> didn't bother me at all
- some scenes seem to be "unfinished" --> true!
- the movie is a bit short. the end comes far to early!

anyway, after thinking about the movie for a while now, i think i like it ;-)

well, i am back from seeing the movie a second time :p this time in german and it was far better than i expected it to be. anyway, the english version is still better.

but it is true, you need to watch the movie more than one time to get everything. there are so many little details you cannot notice by watching it only once!