Imaginaerum movie premiere!

Ok, I know this isn't the thread where it's appropros to discuss our displeasure with Anette... buttt as someone that otherwise would have been (pardon my french) fucked out of hundreds of dollars and years worth of planning by her throwing her temper tantrum like a recalitrant child, I am surprised that Tuomas, Marco, Jukka, and Emppu didn't toss her out on her overblown egotistical rear months ago. Nothing stopped her from showing up to the premiere as a casual fan. She helped make the damn movie, and it's telling of how bad the relationship is between her and the 'boys' as she calls them really is.

Anette will never, ever learn, because I highly doubt she has the ability to comprehend just what is happening and how many fans she really pissed off.

It's sad it had to come to what happened with her, but that's life. *BOOT* (however it happened, them booting her or her just up & leaving...whatever...)

I'm behind the guys for not taking any kind of BS from either vocalists. They are there because of hard work, not hissy fits from singers. That holds them back.
I'm sure they guys have had issues here & there, but they seem to work things out. They just need a vocalist who is humble and willing to do as asked and do it well without developing the diva attitude.

I have a great admiration for Floor for what she did, how fast she got here, how well she learned lyrics and threw everything had into the gigs. I havent heard a bad comment yet about her. She pretty much saved the tour.

I've heard a wide range of comments about the movie. One friend said it reminded her of A Christmas Carol. One review said it sort of felt disjointed at start but then later everything slipped into place and you start to understand the to understand the start.

^Apparently, Floor was supposed to come on board after the premiere; the initial plan was that Anette would "take her leave" at the Imaginaerum premiere (I guess it was to be her "End of an Era"?), and then Floor would take over for the shows afterwards. This is why she was able to come out to the U.S. so fast and how she was able to (for the most part) sing the songs so well. It didn't happen by magic; she had been practicing the songs for at least two weeks (so I've heard), and obviously is still learning them. So yes, her ability to come in on such short notice, before she was actually needed, that says a lot about her work ethic. And I know a lot of fans (including myself) who were part of those North American shows during the last 2 weeks are glad our part of the tour was not cancelled and she was able to come through!

Edit: So Pere e-mailed me the synopsis of the movie, and I tried to put spoiler tags around it here so those who wanted to see it could read it, but I guess we do not have spoiler tags on this forum! :( So if anyone wants to read the synopsis, they can always PM me here to ask for it and I'll be glad to share. This way anyone who wants spoilers can get them, and the rest who want to wait for their chance to be surprised do not have to worry about reading any unnecessary spoilers.

Kiitos, Pere (and Sanna)! Now that I have read the synopsis I am even *more* anxious to know when this movie is coming to DVD for us poor unfortunate Oceansouls who do not live in Finland! ;)

Couple of delicacies I forgot to mention and which this video accidentally shows very well:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=i7USnSfgNSE

Marco 'officially' introduced Floor to the Finnish audience after Dark Chest of Wonders, starting at 7:50 in the video: 'Welcome here, in this weird cross-artistic evening at Hartwall... And for now first time Finland, we have of course the pleasure to introduce this newbie... how should I call her... flying Dutchwoman... (points at her, applause) - at the moment fronting NW (I hope I got this right, difficult to hear due to loud applause): Floor Jansen! And next, I think she'll be singing about flowers.' (Amaranth starts)

Floor, obviously nervous, didn't speak much but she did say something towards the end of the gig, starting at 10:40 in the vid. That's of course in English, so listen yourselves (the phrase she had wanted to say in Finnish, hyvää iltaa, simply means good evening). You also get to see how Marco puts on his neat pilot hat and goggles for the Last Ride.

Precious moments.

Edit: Seems I'm forgetting things constantly these days a...
In an earlier speak Floor said something quite interesting as well. She mentioned that she has been trying to learn some Finnish. Hmm, how come, does she plan to work with some Finns? Or maybe she wants to vacation here a lot in future? Who knows, but I guess we'll hear about that next year.

Yeah I'm starting have a bad taste about Anette's BS. For me it really sucks, cos I really liked her voice, I thought she was fine on stage and all that...but when attitudes and BS like that blog post comes up...it's like...ok I want to like her but it's hard to with that attitude.

Yeah the original plan might have been that but lady you left, it's not the plan anymore duuurrrrrrr......

Did she somehow expect Tuomas to happily invite her to do the premier gig? uh no...like i said, hey lady you bailed out on the boys...you lost out!

I was actually referring to her sideways remark about how Petri Alanko's version of "Deeper Down" "is so much better than the original". Well, what the f*ck else does she mean? We all know Tuomas wrote the original compositions, so way to insult the songwriter!

Yeah, it is really hard for me to maintain the respect I used to have for Anette, considering that she basically left the band holding the bag because she threw a temper tantrum and couldn't understand why the whole production shouldn't come to a complete stop just for her. :rolleyes:

Guys, you need to realize that there is something we don't know going on here. Anette seems hurt over something, and something she obviously cannot openly talk about (press related? contracted agreement? Maybe if she talks she forfeits profit? Who knows?) Who knows the reason, but people typically would act like this in response to some sort of struggle; something we don't know anything about.

Honestly, she seems like a sweet lady. Very kind to her fans (at least on her blog). Who knows what happened? Unless an official press release happens ("official" being a loose term for anything she posts on her blog, too) we really don't know the what's and the why's.

(end of rant, time to read pere's response)

^Yes, I actually do think that due to the movie (as I mentioned in the last post), both parties are legally unable to speak about certain things due to contractual obligations. That does make sense.

I'm sure Anette is a nice person, but that doesn't take away from the fact that she virtually threw a tantrum about the incident in Denver, and her walking away nearly cost the band tons of money, not to mention the money it would have cost us fans whose shows might have been cancelled.

^Yes, I actually do think that due to the movie (as I mentioned in the last post), both parties are legally unable to speak about certain things due to contractual obligations. That does make sense.

I'm sure Anette is a nice person, but that doesn't take away from the fact that she virtually threw a tantrum about the incident in Denver, and her walking away nearly cost the band tons of money, not to mention the money it would have cost us fans whose shows might have been cancelled.

What if, God forbid, Anette was sexually assaulted by someone on the crew? Not saying that happened, but my point is that we do not know what happened. We do not know why she threw the tantrum; perhaps she had legitimate reasons to feel hurt and betrayed, or her emotions were heightened due to being hospitalized (I am always crabby while sick), who knows? The band doesn't seem to harbor any ill feelings towards her, so I don't suspect ill play on her part.

Can't wait to find out why she left, if we ever do!

What if, God forbid, Anette was sexually assaulted by someone on the crew? Not saying that happened, but my point is that we do not know what happened. We do not know why she threw the tantrum; perhaps she had legitimate reasons to feel hurt and betrayed, or her emotions were heightened due to being hospitalized (I am always crabby while sick), who knows? The band doesn't seem to harbor any ill feelings towards her, so I don't suspect ill play on her part.

Can't wait to find out why she left, if we ever do!

Very good point! We really have no idea the full story.

We will never know the whole story.
Honestly, I don't care anymore.
Floor basically floored everyone hehe Anette who?
im kidding, i like anette's voice, she really shines on Imaginaerum

Kathleen: I've said this before too; I think Anette's parting has way more to do with management and less with the actual guys in the band. Traxan makes good points in that Anette and the guys always looked as though they got along, and you have seen this in their onstage chemistry. Sure, they could have been faking it, but some things come through no matter how hard you try to hide it, and I do not think this was the case.

About my comments regarding Anette's "tantrum", I am only referring to what she has written in her blogs, in her own words, about the incident. I am only saying that if there were other more important problems (like her health, or something worse that happened behind the scenes), it puzzles me why she would choose to focus more on being "replaced" for a night rather than worrying about those things. That's it.

Anyway, I don't want to turn this into another debate, or at least we can take this part of the discussion to the Anette departure thread, since this is the thread for the premiere and folks who don't want to get sucked into the drama are looking to read reviews about that. ;)

Enigma, where are you? I've been waiting to hear your thoughts on the premiere, and I saw you lurking around here last night. Come out, come out, wherever you are! :lol:

Lol, C. - I'm right here, just have had and still have some other things going on these days. Like, the life... :)

I can say that the concert (my 12th Nightwish gig, if I recall right) was awesome, pure bliss to be honest, (yeah, Floor!) but I'm kind of trying to figure out my opinion of the movie yet. Maybe I need to see it a few more times to figure out what all is hidden in there. Some David Lynch/Twin Peaks-reminiscent loose-end threads for plenty of room to interpret things from your own standing-point and on your life experience.
I'm sure I missed a lot of references and stuff, as I feel that Stobe and Tuomas have concealed a lot in there. Petri Alanko has done excellent job with the score, It's quite far from the actual CD... a real movie score. Definitely a film worth to see, but rather than writing it off after just one view expect to ask yourself afterwads whether you'll need a repeat - or three... maybe more. (And... no spoilers coming from me, you just need to see it yourself.)

My pics turned out too lousy, (unfortunately took the old phone with me due getting too many things to cope with on that day) but there are plenty in the web, like the Nw.com Finnish mod Toni Salminen's here. And also almost the full concert in pretty good quality by Laili5424 here. Enjoy!

Hey, I know how that is...damn life! :lol:

Sounds like you had a great time, and no, I didn't expect any spoilers, so as to not ruin it for those who want to be surprised. But it is interesting how many people have said how "unfinished" it feels. I really hope this gets released to DVD soon, although it sounds like a movie that really should be watched in the theater. Well, hopefully my surround sound will be good enough when the time comes. ;)

Yes, I saw the pictures in the Gallery, and we linked it on our Facebook. However, I would love to watch the video of the concert! The video of "Arabesque" was great, but a little shaky and not a great vantage point; so it would be nice to see a higher-quality version of that. Kiitos! :D

Yes, unfinished may well discribe it, even though it is only just the impression Stobe has wanted to. You really need to use your brain, and even then the outcome very much depends on your own experiences, education, level ofsophistication and whatever you have had in your life to date. Like with any real works of art, the viewer will become a part of the works in the unique way s/he'll interpret and experience it.

(ok, one spoiler though: bring tissues... or handkerchieves... If your hart is not made of stone, you'll need them :p p.s. ...better yet, make it a towel! )

^Kiitos, Enigma! Those were added to our "social media" sites.

OK, so would any of the Finns here like to tell us what Marco and Stobe are saying? I realize it's a lot of footage and we don't need a word-for-word translation, but a basic "in a nutshell" version would be great. Kiitos! :D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_d3b44nERA&feature=channel&list=UL[/ame]

OK, here you have the transcript of the above clip translated in English:

Marco: Moro! Usually on stage I keep talking whatever comes to my mind, but this morning when I was assigned to this part... I mean starting to present the movie here, I actually sat down and thought whether I'd need to say anything that would make sense. It's kinda hard but please bear with me.

This movie which you're about to see is the image of it's creators. It is what Nightwish is today. There is one collective mind and a state of will which cracks the reality with it's child-like visions and apparent role-plays; in reality we all are children playing with those dark fantasies which occasionally might have a silver lining. And just like from any children we sometimes might bring up unexpected crystals of reality or even pieces of such a peculiar thing as wisdom - at least someone has claimed that - I won't; it'll be up to you to evaluate and decide.

And now for the first time ever we have had a chance to paint our soul scenery on the extremely huge screen (turns and glances at the giant screen behind him) and certainly the most and largest brushes have been swung by the hands of Tuomas Holopainen and the guy here beside me - experiencing the most disturbing moments of his life - Stobe Harju!

Marco: Wait!

Stobe: You finished yet? You still got something?

Marco: Yea, I'm not done! I've not said thanks to anyone yet! That'd be appropriate now, huh?

Stobe: Yea!

Marco: Of course I could run through a list of names, producers, make-up artists, catering folks, cameramen, there are so many until no end - but - I do, actually because this movie has taken an insane amount of labour, hard work and faith in ever getting it done.

However the biggest laudation belongs once more to you, the audience, everyone here! Because you have believed in, waited, once and again kept your faith in the rabid dreams and goals of us mere country-boys, for one time after another.

I sincerely hope that you enjoyed the gig, now I wish that this night will continue fine!

Stobe: I'll keep this short. I've never ever been in front of an audience this large, you're a huge crowd! Let me just enjoy this very moment for a while, please!

Thank you, it was wonderful!

This actually doesn't belong here, but maybe I should buy a lottery ticket this week too... I mean, this week I got a wonderful baby - other than this movie - a baby boy is waiting me in the hospital and therefore I will send my greetings to my wife and son waitng me there.

Now let's focus. Unfortunately mr. Holopainen, the other guy who swung the aforementioned large brushes, isn't here today... wait, I mean he was but not any more... but those of you who know the gentleman will also know that he is even more shy than me... ok, lets keep this short.

I would like to thank a few persons. This extremely inportant because when we four and half years ago began creating our visions based on Tuomas's ideas for 13 music videos which then inflated into a completely different thing, this movie would not exist without certain unities and persons.

First of all: Nightwish!

Second, and also the cause which brought you all here tonight: Solar Films!

And special thanks to Marcus Selin and Jukka Helle who completed unbelievable efforts in tying everthing together.

And maybe I'll change in English for a minute becauae we have foreighn guest here among us.

- Stobe presents actors in English -

Thanks to all these people, you have made this movie, not only our small goup but everyone of you.

Please enjoy the movie, but also go to view it in a theater with proper 5.1 or 7.1 audio system in case you wish to fully enjoy the unique score. That's because you're only 10.000 plus here tonight - yeah, that's right - ...so, remember to go to theaters because we do not have 5.1 audio here - but nonetheless, enjoy the treat we have to offer tonight.

Please welcome - Imaginaerum The Movie!!!

-transcript & translation by The Enigma-