Immolation- Shadows in the light!!!

Yea I don't know how someone could think close to a world below is the worst, its my personal favourite from them and their worst would either have to be harnessing ruin or failure for the gods can't decide.

Krigloch seems more like a fan of modern DM. He should probably look into Close to a World Below and Unholy Cult.
Two of my faorite songs from them are on CTWB, -Lost Passion and the title track.:worship:
At their best Immolation are fantastic, at their worst- inccredibly bland. Every album I've heard from them has been a tricky balancing feat between these two extremes. In short, inconsistent.

Close To A World Below is actually their worst (which isn't saying much - all of them are good)
CTAWB is the second worst; Harnessing Ruin is the worst.

The issue with CTAWB is that it's SO FUCKING INCONSISTENT. There is some great material on there, like the title track, Higher Coward, and Put My Hand in the Fire, but there's also some real crap, such as Father, You're not a Father, Furthest From the Truth, and Unpardonable Sin.

ok so shadows in the light just recently got leaked and I will be listening to it tomorrow! Can't Wait! :heh:

So what are peoples opinions on their new album? Its been a couple days since it's leaked so everyone (including myself) have had enough time to form a pretty good opinion on it. I've listened to their new album at least 7 times or so the past 3 days. The highlight songs for me would be World Agony, Passion Kill, Tarnished and Shadows in the Light. This album in my opinion is better than harnessing ruin, basically if you like Immolation this release doesn't disappoint as they aren't really breaking any new grounds. Just sticking to their tried and true formula which is always fine by me! :kickass:

Good one. Just like expected, the lead guitar plays a much more prominent role (excellent work by Vigna once again), and the songs are more compact/shorter. I agree it is better than "Harnessing..." though it still falls short of matching up to their best albums.

I'm glad they continued the "make the last song an epic song" trend with "Whispering Death".

Pretty good after two listens. The Weight Devotion is a weird riff frenzy; best fucking song on the album. It def. gets better during the later end of the album. Much better than Harnessing.