Immortal

kollex

Autistic Superstar
Oct 16, 2002
somewhere
www.maxpages.com
their excellent and abbath doom occultia is one of the best guitarists of all time

i've got sons of northern darkness but what other of their albums should i get ?

Immortal is awesome...Now for my lengthy reply...If it's Sons you like, the two previous albums, Damned In Black, and At the Heart of Winter is what you should buy. The earlier albums are much more raw in sound (much more true), but ATHOW and DIB are more like the evolved Immortal you hear on Sons of Northern Darkness. ATHOW is like the melodic side of SOND, while DIB is more aggressive. Both excellent albums. Stick to those 2 albums if you have any aversion to true black metal production. If you have no problem with bad production, get all of Immortals recordings. IMO every one of them is essential. Some earlier recordings have Demonaz of guitars, but you'd love him just as much, the riffs are breathtaking, the vocals are spectacular, always have been. And buy Battles in the North, as that seems to be common consensus.

"Battles in the North". the latest 2 albums are shitty and boring me...

see?? why would you want to listen to someone who doesn't even like SOND?! Do you want something that sounds like Sons or not? Abbath doesn't even play guitars on Battles in the North...except for one amazing lead...oh god... you gotta buy this... hear Abbath play the drums... I tell you, it's a beautiful thing.. this guy is intense... You think he's good at playing the guitar?? fuck... just fuck everything I've said, go buy Battles in the North right now. And while you're at it, pick up Pure Holocaust. Fuck.. just get every god damn one of them albums... youy really need to, in order to get the whole Immortal picture. Oh god this is good...oh god.. I want to marry Abbath and have hundreds of talented lovechildren... This CD... every one of them... buy them all...

I have "At The Heart Of Winter", "Damned In Black" and "Sons Of Northern Darkness". They're all great, I like them a lot! BUT I have to check out their older albums too!

I have all of their albums, and as sentience_withers said; they´re all essential. Immortal is one of the biggest influences and some of the greatest pioneers in the Scandinavian BM-scene... SOND is indeed a masterpiece and must be their best one, if all aspecs of music are included (sound, production etc), but ATHOW has some killer melodyriffings (check out "Withstand The Fall Of Time"), and all of the others simply just kill in the good old Immortal-way, which always is in the background of Immortal´s sound...

@sentience_withers - Is it you in that avatar of yours? :) If yes; I have to say that you indeed look very good.. :worship:

yes, 'Battles in the North', their older & furious style,
but the more heavier 'Damned in Black' & 'S.O.N.D.' don't hurt, really,

Originally posted by kollex
their excellent and abbath doom occultia is one of the best guitarists of all time

i've got sons of northern darkness but what other of their albums should i get ?
Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism, Pure Holocaust and At the Heart of Winter

Originally posted by ~UlvedaL~

@sentience_withers - Is it you in that avatar of yours? :) If yes; I have to say that you indeed look very good.. :worship:

I must say that I agree with you there mate...:)

What Immortal is conserned Im gonna have to agree with you there too, they rule!

Anyone heard the interview with them at their homepage, mp3 name Det Svarte Alvor?
Its in norwegian, but still a bit funny :p

-But the parents are frightened?
-No.(In the background)
-Some of them...
-Yes.(still in the background)

YES I AM BACK!!!! Wow I havn't posted in awhile , and what subject better to start with then my faviorate band IMMORTAL :).
SOND is an excellent album , great production and a more evolved and still awesome IMMORTAL. I suggect picking up Damned In Black and Battles In The North , then after loosining up to thoughs albums , prepare your self for At The Heart of Winter then you will really be blown away!!! HAIL ABBATH !!!

P.S WHEN THE HELL ARE THEY GOING TO UPDATE WWW.IMMORTAL.NU???!!