IMPELLITTERI - Venom

labrekk

Jul 16, 2002
Canada
Visit site
Trailer was just released.

Sounds very good IMO. Keys seem toned down compared to 2009's Wicked Maiden, which is great news for me. Rob Rock's voice never change, he's still killer after all these years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's some more detail at this link...
IMPELLITTERI TO RELEASE VENOM ALBUM IN APRIL; TRAILER VIDEO STREAMING

April 17th in Europe and April 21st in North America.

p19dsujl7f185u5i6c27iofj74.jpg

Really looking forward to this. One of my favorite bands ever.

My friend and I offered to sponsor Impellitteri a few times years ago. Was bummed that it never happened. Would love to see them still play the show one day!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Rob Rock = Freak of Nature. Most guys start to lose it as they get older. He is just going from strength to strength. Must be juicing. :Spin:

You're right. Rob Rock has not lost anything, which is amazing for a guy in his 50s. A truly underrated vocalist, this guy should get more recognition.

That being said, I'm a bit disappointed by the new Impellitteri. Too many similar songs at the same quick pace. I miss some great mid-paced rockers in the style of those found on gems like Screaming Symphony and Eye Of The Hurricane.

G man you and I are like the yin and yang of metal. I mostly need speed in my metal though I love mid pace but without speed boredom soon sets in. If metal was never played fast from now on until the day metal ends I would most likely cease to be even a fan of metal.

G man you and I are like the yin and yang of metal. I mostly need speed in my metal though I love mid pace but without speed boredom soon sets in. If metal was never played fast from now on until the day metal ends I would most likely cease to be even a fan of metal.

Hehehehe. I enjoy a couple speedy songs here and there, but always speedy is boredom for me. I'll almost always prefer an album that is mostly mid-paced, but still varied over an all-put speed assault.

Do you prefer Impellitteri-Venom or Screaming Symphony? SS is more mid-paced all over, but not a "slow" album by any means.

Yes, I guess our tastes are complementary... :D