Import data PTHD

krokit

Noisey B*****d
Dec 5, 2005
London
One aspect of Pro Tools HD that I havnt used all that much is import session data.
I know how to do it but I would be interested to hear how you guys are doin it when setting up to mix.

For example: Say Ive just finished mixing song 1 and now I want to open song 2's session and import all of the plugins and plugin settings from song 1. Also I want to import aux and master channels including their plugins.
Basically I want everything from song 1 overlayed onto song 2 but minus the audio obviously.

Cheers ;)

One aspect of Pro Tools HD that I havnt used all that much is import session data.
I know how to do it but I would be interested to hear how you guys are doin it when setting up to mix.

For example: Say Ive just finished mixing song 1 and now I want to open song 2's session and import all of the plugins and plugin settings from song 1. Also I want to import aux and master channels including their plugins.
Basically I want everything from song 1 overlayed onto song 2 but minus the audio obviously.
It's pretty straight ahead.

Under "Session data to import" de-select region and play list (the top 2 options) Then under "Match tracks" assign which track from session one you want to apply to session 2.

I use it all the time..works like a charm.

It's pretty straight ahead.

Under "Session data to import" de-select region and play list (the top 2 options) Then under "Match tracks" assign which track from session one you want to apply to session 2.

I use it all the time..works like a charm.

Cheers bud. Sounds easy enough!

Can you import multiple tracks at a time or are you confined to only match and import one track at a time?