Impulse shootout with JMP-1, including Guitarhacks/Recabinet/Poidaobi impulses

From what I can hear on those clips, I would have to say that Marcus' sound closest to what I'd expect the cab to sound like after being mic'ed. Great job there mate. I'm only listening through cans, so it's not a proper A/B over here.

For the rest:

Diezel: Not too bad. Stands on its own, but nothing spectacular to set it apart from the competition. Sounds a bit phasey.
Recabinet: The frequency balance doesn't work too well in this scenario, but I think the core of the tone could be usable. Need to hear more.
Poidaobi: Sounds stuck midway through a flange. Sounds like there was something odd about the sampling or deconvolving process. There's some artificial grain/fizz there.
GH: Still good! From what I can hear on the cans it beats out the Recabinet ones.

Marcus' sound the most natural to me, but they also have quite a bit of fizz that isn't pleasant and would need EQing out of the tone. That aside, they seem to 'breathe' the most... on cans at least.

The Recabinet ones don't seem to bring the sort of revolution in impulses that many of us had been hoping for. I have, and will continue to, advocate trying Nebula 3 as the technology to take us to the next level. We really need an overhaul in the technology used to do this. I mean the convolution/impulses method was geared towards sampling acoustic spaces, and doesn't take into account a lot of the elements that we need as part of 'tone' when modeling hardware.

Been a great shootout though. Thank you very much for taking the time to do that for us.

Thanks for the props Ermin! :wave: And Shane, I too totally support what your doing dude, and I'd love to pick up a copy for the selection, consistent quality, and options of cabs/mics. Keep it up dude!