Impulse shootout with JMP-1, including Guitarhacks/Recabinet/Poidaobi impulses

noarin

Producer / Engineer
Apr 16, 2006
Here is a fair impulse shootout clip I've made, including the new Recabinet demo ones.

Chain: Gibson Les Paul studio+ -> JMP-1 Pre-amp out -> Firepod -> Voxengo Pristine Space.

No post processing whatsoever at all, exact same track used five times, the only difference is the impulse used!

http://www.sanandreas-web.com/noarin-impulse-shootout.mp3

impulse 1: Noarin Diezel V30 impulse
impulse 2: Recabinet Ghandi 4x12 EL34 57 edge grill impulse
impulse 3: Poidaobi's ENGL higher presence impulse
impulse 4: Guitarhacks NEW IR Set1\3\edge-half impulse (not sure which one it is, but it's one of my fav. GH ones.
impulse 5: Recabinet Damien 2x12 EL34 57 edge grill impulse

Haven't checked it out yet, but for clarification, the Damien cabinet in the Recab demo is a Marshall 2x12.

~006

yep 2x12!
@noarin ;) sorry I followed the link and somehow thought I'm still inside the other thread ;)
I wouldn't say one impulse is clearly worse or better than the others, just depends on the situation

yep 2x12!
@noarin ;) sorry I followed the link and somehow thought I'm still inside the other thread ;)
I wouldn't say one impulse is clearly worse or better than the others, just depends on the situation

haha, not a problem :kickass:

Hey dude, could you add a test with my impulses to that? Here's the link (my favorites are 57 On Axis 1 and 4, both with more presence) I'm curious to hear how they stack up!

Seriously yes man, try out Marcus' Stilletto cab impulses, v2, they are pretty damn good!

~006

not a problem! hadn't heard your impulses yet metaltastic, they are awesome :kickass:

here is the new clip: figured I'd put your impulses in between the others so as not to get all the impulses and than two of yours after each other.

http://www.sanandreas-web.com/noarin-impulse-shootout2.mp3

1. noarin diezel v30
2. recabinet ghandi 412 el34 edge grill 57
3. metaltastic stilletto on axis 1 more presence
4. Poidaobi's ENGL higher presence impulse
5. Guitarhacks NEW IR Set1\3\edge-half impulse
6. metaltastic stilletto on axis 4 more presence
7. recabinet damien 212 el34 edge grill 57

Thanks for the props guys! And listening to them all compared, I definitely think mine are the most cutting by far; in comparison that might not sound too good, but I know that compared to my other (darker) impulses that I made, those two (1 MP and 4 MP) are my favorites in a mix, so I'll stick with 'em! (and I have the small pride of knowing I'm using my own :heh: ) Thanks Noarin, great idea!

Although upon reconsideration, I think Poidaobi's might be the best balance between the shrillness of mine (thank you JSX) and the extreme muffled sound IMO of the others - so good job Poi! :headbang:

I need to make some impulses of my Mesa 4x12 for me to use, and share of course :) Would be cool to have my own, I think.

And Marcus, the 2nd version of your impulses are actually really good, great job on them :headbang:

~006