In Case You Missed It - PPUSA XIII PRESS edition

miel

Mrs. Harvester
Staff member
Feb 17, 2009
Last week, there was quite a bit of press surrounding this year's edition of the festival. In case you missed any of the articles, reviews, and band interviews, we have collected them all here for your convenience.

Thursday review via Metal Underground

Friday review via Metal Underground

Saturday review via Metal Underground

Vangough interview with Metal Underground

2013 lineup via The Great Southern Brainfart

Kingcrow interview with The Age of Metal

Beyond the Bridge interview with Metal Underground

2013 lineup via Blabbermouth

2013 lineup via Metal Underground

Amaranthe interview with Metal Undergroud

ProgPower USA from the eyes of a newbie via Metal Underground

Jon Oliva Songwriting Workshop via BraveWords

Serenity interview via The Age of Metal

Festival review via That Devil Music

Kamelot review via The Great Southern Brainfart

Marco Hietala interview via Metal Undergroud

Floor Jansen's personal blog festival review

Worthy Reads:

Nightwish's "Higher Than Hope" Dedicated to Marc Brueland in Atlanta

Beyond the Bridge on stage proposal

Thom Youngblood via Metal Underground

"I think Glenn is so good at putting together a roster that’s varied, but still super interesting."

~Jen

Despite the fact that everywhere you stand or sit in the venue is a perfect viewing and listening position, if you are EVER offered a spot at the barrier...it is imperative that you not only take it, but hug that rail for dear life until the festival is OVER. Going to the bathroom, signing sessions, food and drink is ALL secondary.

I lol'd at this. Spoken like a true first timer. I always love reading about people's first times at PP, because it brings back memories from my first 3 years, where I spent most of the time at the front, and little time doing much else. Also, I felt real pain at the author having to drive to Charlotte for a 9am flight, ugh.

I lol'd at this. Spoken like a true first timer. I always love reading about people's first times at PP, because it brings back memories from my first 3 years, where I spent most of the time at the front, and little time doing much else. Also, I felt real pain at the author having to drive to Charlotte for a 9am flight, ugh.

Yeah - I still feel that pain.....