In Flames are held back

Boomer

The Metal Pigeon
Jan 7, 2002
Wales
www.metalpigeon.com
How are In Flames supposed to be recognised by the masses as the great band that they are when their new single isn't even available to buy?

I walked all around my city centre yesterday (I live Cardiff, capital of Wales) and went to the local independant music outlet that supposedly stocks everything, Virgin Megastore and HMV. None of them had the single or any idea about it. This is a disgrace. Its not like I live in the stix, the same highstreet has the second largest Game store in the UK. We have the largest IKEA in Europe and the largest Dixons in the UK.

I quite like In Flames only really being known by the fans but the guys deserve more success and they won't get it if the only place you can buy their new single in on Oxford Street, London. Not even Amazon has it.

a little story: i went to the city to buy the single(i live in north norway) and asked the dude at the cd store if they had got it. he then replys: "in flames? no. we dont really care about in flames so we dont have it,nobody likes in flames." i didnt beleive my own ears! i just stared at the asshole and walked straight outta there in disbelief....