In Flames Aus tour details

Ahoy Requiem!

For those of us who've heard nothing of In Flames since Colony, is it worth going? Do they tend to play new stuff or old?

C'mon guys, they're still a good band! The new album is great actually. Get along and support them and we may continue to get quality international acts like them coming to Australia! $48 is not expensive either, especially seeing they are touring with Chimaira, who are also an international act!

I do support most international bands that come here, but I won't be forking over 50 dollars, plus beer,travel and accomodation to see 1 band I absolutely despise, and another band who won't play any of their old good songs.

If In Flames were playing 90% stuff off jester race and whoracle, I would leave right now and wait at the doors for the gig to start. They aren't, so I'm not going.

Don't get me wrong I think Jester Race, Whoracle and Colony are classic albums, I hope they'll play a bit off those, but I think you guys will miss out on a great show if you don't go. I can understand people not wanting to travel interstate for it because of the cost involved, but for the folks who live in the cities they're touring, I reckon it'll be worth a beak. :headbang: :Spin:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3011885&postcount=2
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2802474&postcount=8
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2841401&postcount=26

some of the more recent setlists... and from memory, Tuska was alot like the first one.... For all the naysayers however, I just want to point out that as much as the latest 2 albums would appear to suck (haven't heard too much of the newest), oddly enough the new material seems to come across ALOT better live than on the album. I really do suggest you make the effort. I'd go myself it it wasn't an interstate trip from Cairns and I didn't have a $3k debt hanging over my head from a previous trop (Finland)

The problem with the new In Flames sound is, where they were pioneers with "Jester Race" and "Whoracle", now they're just following the current trend. The new album isn't bad, but it could have been recorded by anyone. That's my beef with it.

i really wouldn't call it an "australian tour"it's not as if they will really be touring more like playing 3 shows in 2 cities
THERE IS MORE TO AUSTRALIA THAN SYDNEY AND MELBOURNE!!!
it's starting to piss me off that all of these bands are coming out here (which is a mission in its self) but they only play the south eastern states! what is that all about, you think that if they took the time to come all the way down here that they would do a real tour!
what gives?
J

alpha666 said:
i really wouldn't call it an "australian tour"it's not as if they will really be touring more like playing 3 shows in 2 cities
it's starting to piss me off that all of these bands are coming out here (which is a mission in its self) but they only play the south eastern states! what is that all about, you think that if they took the time to come all the way down here that they would do a real tour!
what gives?
J
On tours like this, the promoters send the bands to where they think they'll make the most money in the one go and where costs will be kept lowest.
They're using the "instant gratification" method, where they think they'll get the mosy for doing the least.
Many promoters can't see beyond the costs and accept that if they take a few risks, they may make more in return.

Case in example: Opeth when they toured last year.
It took an army of fans to get them to go over to play in Perth, but it ended up being a great place to play for them, becaue of the ammount of people willing to travel in order get to the gig.

Same happened when Tool came a played as well.
They put on an All Ages show in Canberra and sold out the Royal Theater, because of 1: a solid fan base in Canberra and 2:the ammount of kids who never get a chance to go to a gig save Metal For The Brain.

If more promoters were willing to take a chance, then maybe the Australian metal scene would be stronger. And maybe if they looked beyond initial profit, they would see that they can secure even better turn outs for future tours.
But that is all conjecture.
Promoters can only do what they think is right and what is right for the band.

Maybe you should just get you and your mates to bitch and moan to the right people and then something may get done.

Peace
The Pimp NeonBlack

alpha666 said:
what gives?
J
Stop your whinging mate! They're also playing Adelaide too, not just Sydney and Melbourne.

The Pimp NeonBlack said:
On tours like this, the promoters send the bands to where they think they'll make the most money in the one go and where costs will be kept lowest.
They're using the "instant gratification" method, where they think they'll get the mosy for doing the least.
Many promoters can't see beyond the costs and accept that if they take a few risks, they may make more in return.

Case in example: Opeth when they toured last year.
It took an army of fans to get them to go over to play in Perth, but it ended up being a great place to play for them, becaue of the ammount of people willing to travel in order get to the gig.

Same happened when Tool came a played as well.
They put on an All Ages show in Canberra and sold out the Royal Theater, because of 1: a solid fan base in Canberra and 2:the ammount of kids who never get a chance to go to a gig save Metal For The Brain.

If more promoters were willing to take a chance, then maybe the Australian metal scene would be stronger. And maybe if they looked beyond initial profit, they would see that they can secure even better turn outs for future tours.
But that is all conjecture.
Promoters can only do what they think is right and what is right for the band.

Maybe you should just get you and your mates to bitch and moan to the right people and then something may get done.

Peace
The Pimp NeonBlack

You should post coherently more often.

I just called Ticketek and they say the Melbourne over 18 show is sold out. A full month before the date.

Does this sound right to you people? They tell me I've just purchased the very last ticket which seems pretty unlikely to me...