In Flames Band Member Survivor - Round 1

Who is your least favorite member of In Flames?

• Anders Friden

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Mikael Stanne

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Henke Forss

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Jesper Stromblad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Glenn Ljungstrom

• Anders Iwers

• Niklas Engelin

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Bjorn Gelotte

• Johan Larsson

• Peter Iwers

• Daniel Svensson

• Daniel Erlandsson

• Anders Jivarp

• Total voters
I think it's pretty pointless including Daniel Erlandsson and Anders Jivarp since they only played drums on two songs each. However, I think it's even more pointless to include Anders Iwers and Niklas Engelin since they never appeared on any of the studio albums. Niklas Engelin just played some live gigs if I'm not mistaken. Since you included him, you could have added the bassplayer from Armageddon (I think) who filled in for Peter when he took time of for his kid (not sure about this either :Spin: ). Anyways.. since all I do is complain I might as well stop now. I don't really have anything more to say :)

I'm gonna vote for Anders right about.. soon
He's really funny with his English skills and jumping around (COLONY YEAAH!!!) and stuff.. but not funny enough. Mikael Stanne is a far better vocalist IMO, and so is Henke Forss. Btw.. you should have put Jocke Göthberg in the poll. He did the vocals on the Dead eternity demo. There's no question who's the better vocalist between him and Anders.

Some more ranting.. (because all of you love it so much.. or something)

I just saw the consequences of your choices for the poll. Someone who most definetely have no idea who Anders Iwers, Anders Jivarp, Niklas Engelin or Daniel Erlandsson are just voted for Johan Larsson. At least he and Henke Forss contributed with something. You might not apreciate Henke's vocals or lyrics. You might not like Johan Larsson's bassplaying or songwriting skills. But the least you could do is to vote off the useless members first.

Hmm.. and I also noticed that this was Round two.. so you probably had Jocke Göthberg on the first poll. I forgive you for that :)

Stay tuned.. for more rants.

And so I checked out the other thread. How could I forget about Carl Näslund? That was kinda bad. However, he really just played some guitartracks on Lunar strain.

This means that you DID miss Jocke Göthberg.
I feel like a public apology is in order... :D

Anders Iwers was one of the founding members of IFso he deserves to be here.
I included Anders Jivarp and Daniel Erlandsson because they both played on half of subterranean, and while only being session musicians, if henke was included, I figured that most of you are probably familiar with these two and they could be put in too.
I included Niklas Engelin but not Dick Lowgren because Niklas actually joined the band, then left before they returned to the studio. Dick Lowgren never joined the band, he was just filling in for Peter on the Clayman WT. Niklas joined after Glenn left making a long term stay in the band feasable.

Steve

It's not that I don't think you did your research. I can see that you did a good job on that. I'm just a 'tad' cranky cause you left out a singer who IMO did the best vocals for In flames ever. And since you included other session musicians, I think it's only fair that he's on the list too.

And since many people here have never heard of Anders Iwers and have even less of an idea of what impact he might have had on In flames and their music, I think he's pretty useless. And how can you rate Niklas Engelin unless you actually saw some gigs on the Whoracle tour? And even then I think it's pretty weird comparing him with say.. Jesper.

Where did you hear the '95 demo vocals? mp3 or do you have a copy of it? I don't think anyone here would have heard it, and I believe it's only two songs, which he didn't even write lyrics for.

Anders Iwers was involved in writing the music on Lunar Strain, so he does have impact.

Niklas might not have ahad effect, but there are plenty of bootlegs of the Whoracle tour.

Good point. Anders Iwers might have written something for LS.
But I still think Niklas Engelin is useless ;)

I used to have the Lunar strain/subterranean rerelease (which is pretty common). It has Dead eternity (demo) and Inborn lifeless as bonus tracks. And since Lunar strain and Subterranean are kind of hard to get these days you can say that if you have heard Mikael stanne/Anders Iwers/Anders Jivarp/Daniel Erlandsson in In flames, then you have also heard Jocke Göthberg.
If you don't have the Lunar strain/Subterranean there's a small chance that you have the Subterranean rerelease (limited to 1000 copies) which also contains these two songs.

And since you probably have TJR you can check on the last page to see who wrote the lyrics for Dead eternity.

but if you include him for one song, the nwhat about Niklas Sundin? never a member, although he wasn't a session musician, the lyrics, beyond the concepts are him except episode 666, dead eternity, and everything counts on TJR/BAI (except the live behind space) and Whoracle, the nsome help on Colony.

Anders Fridén, because of his work on R2R, and because of his dreadlocks ;)
Nah, just kidding about the last one. But the vote still goes to him.

Stanne have done a great job in both In Flames and Dark Tranquillity, and I believe he's my favorite.

Edit: Or maybe, Henke Forss is my fav.