In Flames cover ^_^

NocturnalSun

The Dark Wanderer
Any In Flames fans in here will agree with me when I say their old stuff (and some new stuff) is very guitar-technical and unique. Well, this weekend (actually Thanksgiving night) I got time to sit down in my home studio, which is by the way very good-sounding, and do one of their cover songs.

I decided on Jester Script Transfigured from the album, Whoracle, because it doesn't get much recognition for how beautiful, smooth, and melodic it is. I transcribed the parts by ear (don't worry, I have a good musician's ear as many have told me) and they are almost exactly as In Flames recorded them with the 2 and 3-guitar harmonies. I even worked on getting the distortion to be the near-perfect In Flames type crunch, so I think everyone will be satisfied. This time it actually does justice to the song, unlike my last few In Flames covers. The only thing missing from the song is the drum parts because I have no drummer (guitarists rejoice, this is an ear teaser) and the solo that comes in at 4:15 because I couldn't make out the solo because it was recorded in low volume. Anyway check it out if you have time and let me know what you think.
hairy.gif

Constructive criticism would be great, so please help me out. thanks!

link to mp3: www.musictx.com/nocturnalsun

hmm... that's the best quality I can get out of my bedroom. I just put an amp up to the mic for the electric guitar, and the acoustic to the amp for the acoustic part, and vice-versa for the bass. The rest is done in Cool Edit Pro. It's one hell of a good sound for such a cheap setup. It's recorded on a free comp mic, but I've had people ask me if that was done in a studio because it sounded good. I can't re-record another version anytime soon.