Slayer - Mandatory Suicide cover

NocturnalSun

The Dark Wanderer
I;ve been trying to figure out the guitar to Slayer's "Mandatory Suicide" on my own. I recorded a whole working cover song of Decapitated's cover of Slayer's song, complete with overdubbed Decapitated vocals and drums. For now, the vocals and drums will remain overdubbed until me and the band can sit down together and record the actual cover completely. check it out here: http://www.musictx.com/nocturnalsun and please let me know what you think about it. I need to know if the guitar parts are right on and sound like the real thing because I'm playing in my friend's sideproject band and we wanted to play this live. thanks

~NS~ :loco:

pretty close, just a couple parts that I noticed that were different from the original: the muted power chord bit that shows up at ~30 secs and then later in the song wasn't quite right (should be 0 3 0 3 2 1 0 3 0 3 2 1 etc (fret positions on the low E, play full power chords based on those), sounds like you're doing something like 0 3 0 2 3 2 or something along those lines)

also the other muted power chord bit at the end (~2:12) should be 0 000 11 33 1111 0000 000 11 33 1111 0000 0 etc, you're doing something like 0 000 11 33 1111111 0, etc

(I hope my lazy tab stuff here makes sense ;); sounds good btw! nice tone :) )