in flames or arch enemy?

which do you prefer?

• In Flames

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Arch Enemy

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i think that in flames are way better than arch enemy i must say that arch enemy does have some good solos, but in flames puts feeling into their work, their solos mean something, not just about sounding cool or some shit like that

Originally posted by 7 Dying Trees
I've always preffered Arch Enemy, they are just a bit more up tempo in my opinion. I still like both, just arch enemy gets played more. Oh, and the guitar work is excellent :)

Arch Enemy gets played more? Sorry, this just boggles me living in the US, because nothing like Arch Enemy gets played on any radio station. Even on one station I know of that has a program called "Kick The PA" late Sunday night, they play mostly shitty local hardcore, which is the scene around here unfortunately.

Out of random curiousity, how popular is Opeth in London? That's where they come from, so I was wondering :D

Originally posted by fo0t
i think that in flames are way better than arch enemy i must say that arch enemy does have some good solos, but in flames puts feeling into their work, their solos mean something, not just about sounding cool or some shit like that

Well I'll have to say that both bands do a really good job of putting feeling into their work. I like In Flames better than Arch Enemy, but I'm not about to say who has more feeling or talent in their music, because they are both fantastic bands. Arch Enemy is more doomish lyrics for the most part while in flames is almost fantasy like with songs like "embody the invisible" where "species come and go but the earth stands forever fast".

I'll without a doubt go with In Flames, unless Dark Tranquillity was in the mix, haha.
In Flames knows how to work more as a machine, utilizing all the different members. They are all great musicians. I think Arch Enemy is a little too flashy, and I don't dig the melodies as much. they remind me too much of common 80's metal tunes. In Flames has much more melody and style, and I have to say it... was one of the original bands that CREATED the movement. Enough said.

Both bands should bow before Dark Tranquillity :p

Personally... Hmm. In Flames are a better unit IMO, and much better.

Also, they've had better lyrics, drums and vocals in the early days... They're equal now, but IF have such a better past.