In Flames should film a new dvd

Oct 23, 2006
Québec City, Québec, Canada
Anybody else thinks that in flames should release a new dvd. They could do a special event. Something like 2 shows...1 with old materiel and 1 with new material. Filmed in HD with 5.1 sound and full live production. Would be awesome. They could also add a documentary about their history of something.

A DVD would be okay, I guess, but most of the material from the last two albums won't gain much from being played live, and their first DVD contains the entire STYE album and all the tolerable material from R2R, so essentially the only DVD worth making would be one of them playing old material (Clayman and back). I would love to see this, but clearly they aren't really interested in playing that sort of stuff anymore, otherwise they'd still sound like that. I really wish they'd kept going with the idea of rerecording Lunar Strain around Whoracle, though.
Anyhow, one thing that might be cool would be a Cliff-Em-All style thing where they find some good bootlegs and throw 'em together with maybe some interviews, history, fan shit, etc into a raping-the-fans-for-cash package that could pretty good if done half decently.

A DVD is actually in the works. No idea what it will contain/when it will be released or anything, But it's confirmed it's in the works ;) Patric Ullaus (director of most of their videos since STYE) said it.

Anyhow, one thing that might be cool would be a Cliff-Em-All style thing where they find some good bootlegs and throw 'em together with maybe some interviews, history, fan shit, etc into a raping-the-fans-for-cash package that could pretty good if done half decently.

Id buy a high quality version of this show:
#1:

#3:

#4:

#5:

#6:

#8:

#9:

#10: Pinball Map: fuck it, cant find it
#11:

Last edited by a moderator:
Id buy a high quality version of this show:
Shitload of awesome videos

I could have gone to that maybe, if I was into In Flames back then :(.

That's from the early Clayman tour.
You can kind of hear the transition of his vocal style in videos a bit later than that, but they're still good. Other than that I really love that show.

The Columbus videos are the first ones I saw of In Flames live.... very good stuff. Back when they were pretty much just a regular band.

He has a video of Stanne and Friden doing Shadow Duet together live and won't share; he wants money or other bootlegs. He's a relic of a time when bootlegs were traded instead of freely diseminated over the internet. Certainly he put a fair amount of resources into obtaining these bootlegs but still...

He should back them up, sell them and them upload the ones that were sold.

But I think he should upload the pinball map video because we already have the whole fucking thing, it's just some douchebag took that certain one down, but I doubt he'd even distribute that single video.