In Flames tonight - set times?

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
I'm going to In Flames tonight,and was wondering if anybody knew when the set times are. I want to skip Zao and Devil Driver, and just see Trivium/In Flames. I can't find them anywhere. Concert starts at 8pm, so if anybody knows what they were like at other shows that would help too. Thanks.

I'm told that Trivium and Devildriver may have been swapping out their tour-slots with each show, and that for Atlanta, Trivium happened to immediately precede In Flames.

I didn't make it to the show. :yell: I'm told In Flames really kicked everyone's ass....and this comes from the guy who engineered our pre-show Trivium/DevilDriver meet'n'greet. :Spin: Since the show had sold out, I gave my pass-slot to a friend, who had missed out on getting tickets for himself and his date.

BTW, Cheiron, it would have been cool to meet a fellow Wraeththu traveller. :)

WingsofTragedy said:
The show was amazing, one of the best shows i've been to.

The show here in albany, ny was fucking amazing. I was wondering what songs they closed the show with. i had to leave a bit early because of valenitine's day.

It was good. But the sound quality was horrible. Way way too much bass. It drowned out the treble... meaning often you could barely hear the good guitar work.

In Flames was good, but they play too late, and after 3 bands before it I think people got tired, because a lot walked out. But I loved hearing a lot of In Flames old stuff. Even their new stuff sounded better live.

Trivium was solid. Like I said above I skipped Zao/Devil Driver -- because they are too much mallcore for me.

Cheiron said:
It was good. But the sound quality was horrible. Way way too much bass. It drowned out the treble... meaning often you could barely hear the good guitar work.

In Flames was good, but they play too late, and after 3 bands before it I think people got tired, because a lot walked out. But I loved hearing a lot of In Flames old stuff. Even their new stuff sounded better live.

Trivium was solid. Like I said above I skipped Zao/Devil Driver -- because they are too much mallcore for me.

:lol:
Ummm...Devil Driver and Zao are TOO mallcore, but Trivium and (new) In Flames aren't?

Cheiron said:
Nope. Devil Driver and Zao have about as much guitar talent as Linkin Park.

I would have loved to see them, but didnt want to sit through DevilDriver. I also wasnt that imprest with Trivium's set. ZAO is def. not metal core. Who ever made up mallcore is retarded. what the fuck is that??

Some guy who interviewed Yngwie Malmsteen, was the first I saw to use it. I forget for which magazine <shrug>.

I really don't know much about Zao. I looked up a few of their songs, was highly unimpressed, so decided to skip. From what I remember they are moreso hardcore?

Trivum's set was fine, but like I said the sound quality at that show was horrible. Which imo. is either a fault of what the bands request, or the sound guy. I'm sorry, but the bass guitar and drums should not drown out the other guitars & vocals.

How can you say that Trivium and new In Flames is mallcore, have you ever listened to their stuff, Come Clarity is amazing.

Cheiron said:
Some guy who interviewed Yngwie Malmsteen, was the first I saw to use it. I forget for which magazine <shrug>.

I really don't know much about Zao. I looked up a few of their songs, was highly unimpressed, so decided to skip. From what I remember they are moreso hardcore?

Christian, too.

(Not that there's anything wrong with that.... :D )

Trivum's set was fine, but like I said the sound quality at that show was horrible. Which imo. is either a fault of what the bands request, or the sound guy. I'm sorry, but the bass guitar and drums should not drown out the other guitars & vocals.

Typical of the Masquerade, really, especially for opening bands. Occasionally you get a really great-sounding show, like Porcupine Tree.....of course, having had a lousy-sounding show at the Roxy, they brought their own house soundman and their own mixing console for their Masquerade show.
:OMG:

Latest word on the Masquerade's official closing date, BTW, is June 27th or 28th, despite bookings on their website for September. (!) They are looking at available properties outside the Perimeter right now.