13. Only For The Weak (Clayman)
14. Square Nothing (Clayman)
15. Clayman (Clayman)
16. Embody The Invisible (Colony)
17. Colony (Colony)
18. Coerced Coexistence (Colony)
19. Gyroscope (Whoracle)
20. Episode 666 (Whoracle)
21. Behind Space (Colony, since I refuse to believe they actually played the original version)

Dude, it wasn't until the 12th song that they played something NOT from the last 2 albums. God this sucks. I guess the glass half-full peeps might say that the last 10 songs were from Clayman and earlier, but jesus.

markgugs said:
I'd say Clayman and Whoracle are, I mean, they ARE 5+ years old. That's a lifetime in this day and age.
Right, hence the use of inverted commas around the word 'old'. :loco:

Either way, there is an obvious divide of In Flames fans at around the Clayman mark.

To me Lunar Strain and Subterranean are old IF. TJR, WHoracle and Colony are mid period I guess. Clayman to present are new IF. But I see what you're saying.

I have no idea to be honest. I just cut-n-pasted it from Blabbermouth, who got it from the Swedish newspaper that covered the show in Gothenburg.

So...how are we "PWNT" exactly? The fucking order has nothing to do with the fact that the song SELECTION SUCKS.

So kthxby your fucking self.

The only songs on that setlist that I actually like are Colony, Embody the Invisible and Coerced Coexistence. Clayman (the song) is tolerable. The one song I liked from R2R (the title track) is not even listed. The two songs from Whoracle are horrible. They leave out the best song from that album (Jester Script Transfigured) and instead play the most overrated piece of crap in their history, Episode 666 (Pinball Map comes in a close second here). Haven't heard the new stuff.

Who the fuck picks these set-lists?

J. said:
To me Lunar Strain and Subterranean are old IF. TJR, WHoracle and Colony are mid period I guess. Clayman to present are new IF. But I see what you're saying.
True dat. I would tweak the phases just slightly:

Phase 1: Lunar, Sub, Jester
Phase 2: Whoracle, Colony, Clayman
Phase 3: R2R
Phase 4: Commercial Suicide

I predict Phase 5 will be the end of the road. I doubt if IF will stick together for much longer.

Yeah, I dunno really. Thing is, bands like IF and Soilwork ventured towards a commercial nu-metal'ish sound just when the popularity of that scene started to fade. I just don't know where else they can go now.

Nothing from Jester Race and before doesn't surprise me, and of course they're going to play the new material, presumably early on...but in terms of selection, it still bites the big one. About the only positives are some overlooked ones like Square Nothing and Coerced Coexistence.

J. said:
Who the fuck picks these set-lists?
They must take audience and venue into consideration, and so they have to assume that 75% of the crowd are going to be made up of people who got into them post Clayman.

I'm sure they vary it up a little at a proper metal festival where they're not the center of attention. If I remember right, they apparently played some Jester Race tracks at Wacken.

JayKeeley said:
They must take audience and venue into consideration, and so they have to assume that 75% of the crowd are going to be made up of people who got into them post Clayman.
Yeah, but you'd think they mix it up a bit more. THink about it, most of the people in attendance already have, say, R2R and the new one, so why not play more of the old stuff (TJR, LS, Sub.) or even more of the stuff from Whoracle and Colony to get your new fans buying the older stuff. It's more money in their pockets, which is what is mportant to IF these days.

It's hilarious that so many bands (IF, Arch Enemy, etc) criticize their older fans for being so close-minded for not accepting a band's new direction, and then the band plays nothing but newer material, totalling alienating the older fans they are criticizing. :Smug: