In Flames tour kick-off setlist...fanboys, defend this one

I wouldn't categorize Arch Enemy like that at all. When they play headline length sets, they play a considerable amount of older material. Also, in their case, their stronger material IS their later stuff (though I'll agree that AOR is nowhere near as strong as WoS).

when I saw AE on their WoS tour, it was a lot more from WoS than the previous three albums. Though, they did have a new singer for the tour.

But AE has criticized their old "close-minded" fans.

J. said:
Yeah, but you'd think they mix it up a bit more. THink about it, most of the people in attendance already have, say, R2R and the new one, so why not play more of the old stuff (TJR, LS, Sub.) or even more of the stuff from Whoracle and Colony to get your new fans buying the older stuff. It's more money in their pockets....
*cough* Metallica *cough*

J. said:
when I saw AE on their WoS tour, it was a lot more from WoS than the previous three albums. Though, they did have a new singer for the tour.

But AE has criticized their old "close-minded" fans.
Did they headline, or open for Nile and play 7 or 8 songs? As I said already, when they headline, they play music from their entire career. I have no problem with anyone criticizing "close-minded" fans.

As usual, this type of debate turned gay. :Smug:

Seriously, if it was ONLY about the music, you wouldn't bother recording a fucking thing or playing a show, and CERTAINLY not signing a god damn fucking CONTRACT pertaining to what you will, can, or should be playing. :Smug:

You're god damn right I put two :Smug: motherfuckers in this post, I might just put one more (now 4th) for the crank of it. :Smug:

If this makes no sense, it's because I'm drunk. If it does, it's because I'm drunk. Liquor pwn3z us all. :tickled:

markgugs said:
I have no problem with anyone criticizing "close-minded" fans.
Why? Isn't it being close-minded by criticizing close-minded fans? :Smug:

Especially when those "close-minded" fans were there at the beginning?