'In Mourning' fans out there?

For it's In Mourning & Textures for albums of the year so far.

Opeth is good too, but not as good as those 2, but let's see what I'll say in a few months. I also really like Bloodbath, but since it's an EP, I don't put it in my album list.

I'm listening to it for the third time now, but the new Keep of Kalessin doesn't sound bad either. Some wicked riffing there.

Wow they aren't bad at all! I recently got kicked in the balls by a Gothenburg band by the name of Slumber. Its gloomy melodeath and very moving, well imo anyways

Ehm, Slumber are far from Gothenburg (stylewise I mean, don't know exactly where they're from), they melodic doooom all the way!

There are some similarities to In Mourning though, mainly because of the vocals.

I just looked into it and it seems Slumber is actually from Stockholm. I was referring to the gothenburg sound in the sense that they have the whole melodic part down solid. I guess melodoom would be the best way to describe them! But if you ask me, you can tell these bastards are swedish. Same as In Mourning.

I realized you were referring to the Gothenburg style/genre, but Slumber don't have a lot of similarities to that i.m.o. Gothenburg music is fast, thrashy melodic Death Metal with lot of harmonies, like Dark Tranquillity, At The Gates, old In Flames etc. Slumber sounds nothing like that. They're melodic, sure, but definitely not Gothenburg. Guess it could be called melodoom.

stefan, you need to go back to using avatars that showcase your DiCaprio features

Yeah, he's hideous, but not as bad as your hometown heroes, the BAND Chilliwack...

You still have some explaining/apologizing to do for dropping that shit on the world!

Hee hee

Last edited by a moderator: