In search of the click track

iekobrid

Authorized XSr™ Dealer
Feb 2, 2006
Doogie Howser, MD
http://musicmachinery.com/2009/03/02/in-search-of-the-click-track/

' I’ve always been curious about which drummers use a click track and which don’t, so I thought it might be fun to try to build a click track detector... '

' The steady downward slope shows shorter beat durations over the course of the song (meaning a faster song). That’s something you just can’t do with a click track. Update - as a number of commenters have pointed out, yes, you can do this with a click track. '

Tard. :D

Hahaha, it's a cool idea, but the only thing I worry about is that people might think playing to a click is less "natural," "organic," "authentic," or other faggotronics - honestly, I've NEVER once been listening to music and said "wow, this is too tight on tempo" (and often have been disconcerted and pissed when I hear something going out of tempo); click tracks should be mandatory for anything remotely "rock" IMO! (obviously not jazz or classical)

The steady downward slope shows shorter beat durations over the course of the song (meaning a faster song). That’s something you just can’t do with a click track. Update - as a number of commenters have pointed out, yes you can do this with a click track.

Haha