In the electric mist

spikes77

Jun 6, 2001
Brooklyn, NYC
I just dont like this cd , i should have not gotten when i saw swano not on vocals. I will try to get the other godsend cds though , cause i know he does vox on them , out of wayfarers tears and as the shadows fall which is better? i tried to get wayfarers tears on ebay. but i was beaten out by someone :mad:

In the Electric Mist really is not very good at all. I strongly suggest the other two albums, though.. They are good. Wayfarer's Tears is my favorite.

The Godsend albums are the only Swano-related recordings (that I've heard, and not counting the albums he produced/did not perform on) that I truly do NOT like. Very boring, brooding music, but that's to be expected when Dan is not responsible for writing any of the music. He's basically just a "hired gun" for both of the Godsend CD's he appeared on, and while his vocals don't sound BAD, per se, he is still limited by the material he is given to work with. Of course, that's just my opinion, as there are a lot of people (including Dan himself) who find some inherent worth in these recordings. To each his own, I guess...

The two albums wardwarf mentions are Great! I have never heard "In the electric mist" b/c Dan does not do the vox. The music is very unlike Dan of course b/c it is done by Gunder Audun Dragsten. However the music is great! Spelled Gunder's name wrong I think. I prefer "As the Shadows Fall" but "Wayfarers Tears" is very good as well. It is certianly something to get used to, you are not gonna crap your pants when you hear it but after a few listens you should be able to appreciate it. Read the simple but good lyrics along with the songs.