In the U.S....

Mike G

New Metal Member
Mar 29, 2007
So I have been playing classical guitar for a number of years (4 or something like that). I'm only 15 and I have been thinking about going to university for a bachelor of music in performance. I'm living in Toronto (Canada) right now and I might be moving to Chicago.

So to my point... in Canada we have a thing called the Royal conservatory of music where you go through grades up to grade 10 (I'm in grade 7) and I do all sorts of exams and shit like that for it. In Canadian universities, you need to have at least grade 8 to get accepted. So I'm wondering is there something like this in the States as well? I googled it and only found something for piano. Considering you are the only really good classical player in the States I know, and you are really accomplished (according to your website) I figured you or someone else on this board probably knows the answer to my question.

Thanks a lot

Mike :headbang:

I live in Australia and we have exams for that kind of stuff but ours only goes up to 8. I'm pretty sure they would have it in the States aswell. I pretty sure England have it aswell. Sorry i can't help you about the exact details but im pretty sure they do have it.

Thanks guys for the input. I guess it sorta answers my question...:erk:

But anyways its cheaper than you might think with the exchange rate for us Canadians these days...

bro same ehre, only i want to learn classical. im gogni to attend UM for classical gutiar then GIT in MI. i just cahgned from death emtal to neo classical and classical