In The Woods

ShadarLogoth

Long Dead God
Oct 1, 2005
Maine
www.shadar-logoth.com
sorry for the similar post name, saw the other one and it got me thinking.

Does anybody here listen to In the Woods, their music seems to be a precurser to what bands like agalloch and woods of ypres are doing, especially the Heart of the ages cd.
so i was just wondering if 1. Dave, you may have been influenced by In The Woods, and 2. if anybody else listens to them.
I just got into them a couple years ago and its tricky to track down some of their releases, but well worth it.

Ive heard a few of their cds...'omnio' seems like the best of the lot although i could never really get into them that much not sure why.

I only have some demo stuff of them from the early '90s or something, and even that I should track down. I'll probably come across it at some point soon since I'm weeding out my tape collection and will be shipping most of it out to a friend who will have better use for it than me. All that stuff has been doing little else than collecting dust for a few years now. Time to move on.

Illnath said:
:Smug: One of my favorite bands...to bad they broke up

one of my favourite bands too. HEart of the ages and omnio are classics in their genres. Strange in stereo is also amazing but really different stuff. 3 times seven on a pilgrimage is a good compilation of all the eps they released (with one or 2 new tracks)

they should have published their farewell show on dvd, but they dont want to :-( well, at least we have it as a live album

Oceana said:
one of my favourite bands too. HEart of the ages and omnio are classics in their genres. Strange in stereo is also amazing but really different stuff. 3 times seven on a pilgrimage is a good compilation of all the eps they released (with one or 2 new tracks)

they should have published their farewell show on dvd, but they dont want to :-( well, at least we have it as a live album

Omnio is the only album of theirs I own-- is Heart of the Ages similiar? If so, I'll definitely pick it up...

I ordered Omnio last week, so after it'll arrive I'll be able to post my thoughts.

Though I did hear the first track, and I think it's really cool, so I can't wait.