In Thy Dreams - Highest Beauty

Rodrigo

Heat in 7
Apr 17, 2001
Southern California
IN THY DREAMS - HIGHEST BEAUTY
Century Media - 2001

By Rodrigo

Hurray! It’s yet another melodic death metal album from a Swedish band. The latest entry into the increasingly overcrowded genre is In Thy Dreams. It is getting to the point of ridiculous the amount of bands in this genre. Sure there have been some good newcomers (at least for me) like Shadow and Kalmah but enough is enough. Most of these new bands really don’t offer anything musically new or exciting and it is just boring.

There is nothing wrong with the playing and the execution of In Thy Dreams. They can play their instruments just fine. I am not denying the talent of the band. Hell, I wish I could play my guitar as good as these guys. The music is fast, there are twin guitar melodies and the vocals at times remind me more of a death metal singer. But the point is that Highest Beauty has music that I have definitely have heard before in many other albums. There is nothing in Highest Beauty that makes me excited or want me to check out the band any further. Thankfully the album is very short and the listening experience is very short.

If you must have every single melodic death metal release then this is your next buy. I am sure you can find something exciting in this album for you. For the rest of you who are tired of the same similar sound then this is one album to avoid. There are plenty of other releases that one should check out before this one. Sorry In Thy Dreams, I am sure you put plenty of work into this but this is just a boring listen.

Century Media Website