Indian man beheads daughter in rage over lifestyle Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/

This is just one extreme guy.
It's taken a LONG time for my parents (indians living in UK) to get used to considerably normal western things for their children to do in the UK.
Its like family honour is a huge thing in India. Their family/village loses respect if someone does something unfavourable and this then reduces their ability to do basic things like talk to other villages to trade or whatever they need to do.
Thing's like this are going down over time as more western parts of life come to india but it's not like this guy isn't gonna get bollocked for what he did. He's just a crazy asshole, they exist everywhere.

^ to be fair, its not just one extreme guy

this just happened to be on the news the other day, before this beheading story even happened
http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/14/world/asia/india-female-infanticide/index.html

Ok so you want to kill your new baby because she's a girl ... why did he have to put cigarettes out on her, bite her multiple times and eventually dislocate her neck? I'm guessing he was trying to twist her fucking head around or pull it off???

Its a baby, if you're gonna be the cunt that has to kill your baby girl just because she's a girl, wouldn't a pillow over the face do the trick? Did he have to torture her?

^ to be fair, its not just one extreme guy

this just happened to be on the news the other day, before this beheading story even happened
http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/14/world/asia/india-female-infanticide/index.html

Ok so you want to kill your new baby because she's a girl ... why did he have to put cigarettes out on her, bite her multiple times and eventually dislocate her neck? I'm guessing he was trying to twist her fucking head around or pull it off???

Its a baby, if you're gonna be the cunt that has to kill your baby girl just because she's a girl, wouldn't a pillow over the face do the trick? Did he have to torture her?

where exactly in the story are the cigarette, biting and dislocating mentioned? all i can see "he beat her to death". not that it's that much better though.

you seem to be on a mission to prove that the whole country of india is full of shit. if the man's wife or the local authorities in their power would have knowingly just allowed this to happen then you might be right, but that is not the case. that guy was just another nutjob - there's nutjobs everywhere.

^ 5th sentence in .... "Authorities say the baby was admitted to the hospital with bite marks, cigarette burns and a dislocated neck. Police say she was killed by her father"

you seem to be on a mission to prove that the whole country of india is full of shit.

Now where exactly did you read THAT? Not once did you read me agreeing with the aforementioned sentiment espoused by someone else of "lets blow them all up"

This turned into an anti-american tread real fuckin quick and all I did was make a couple comments illustrating the difference between someone who does something like this knowingly and someone who, lets say, eats a man's face off while fucked up on mind altering drugs.

Show me once where I say anything even remotely close to "India sucks, I hate the fuckin place, bunch of fuckin animals"

go ahead, take your time, I'll wait

EDIT: By the way, if you really have an interest in what my thoughts on shit like this are and you're not just trying to be some self-righteous cunt champion of India for the day, you can read MANY threads over the course of years on here that have been about similar topics and I'm usually one of the 1st to say something to the effect of "all countries have their problems & there are assholes in every country doing fucked up things."

I just don't see how its very accurate to portray this story as or the other as just ONE extreme, isolated incident perpetrated by some lunatic. Its not and you're lying if you say it is.

Now where exactly did you read THAT? Not once did you read me agreeing with the aforementioned sentiment espoused by someone else of "lets blow them all up"

This turned into an anti-american tread real fuckin quick and all I did was make a couple comments illustrating the difference between someone who does something like this knowingly and someone who, lets say, eats a man's face off while fucked up on mind altering drugs.

Show me once where I say anything even remotely close to "India sucks, I hate the fuckin place, bunch of fuckin animals"

go ahead, take your time, I'll wait

EDIT: By the way, if you really have an interest in what my thoughts on shit like this are and you're not just trying to be some self-righteous cunt champion of India for the day, you can read MANY threads over the course of years on here that have been about similar topics and I'm usually one of the 1st to say something to the effect of "all countries have their problems & there are assholes in every country doing fucked up things."

I just don't see how its very accurate to portray this story as or the other as just ONE extreme, isolated incident perpetrated by some lunatic. Its not and you're lying if you say it is.

you didn't say anything of the sort per se, but i thought i could read it between the lines. "to be fair, it's not just one extreme guy" etc.

you're saying this isn't just one extreme. why not? so are you saying that shit is totally normal in india, torturing babies? it's a huge ass country with shitloads of people (just like US), there's a lot of room for lunatics in there. and just the fact we're seeing these stories now means it doesn't happen there everyday.

also don't take it so personally. :lol: i have no need to portrait myself as some self-righteous cunt champion of india for the day but it does annoy me when people parade around their xenophobia. glad if you weren't doing that then.

you didn't say anything of the sort per se, but i thought i could read it between the lines. "to be fair, it's not just one extreme guy" etc.

you're saying this isn't just one extreme. why not? so are you saying that shit is totally normal in india, torturing babies? it's a huge ass country with shitloads of people (just like US), there's a lot of room for lunatics in there. and just the fact we're seeing these stories now means it doesn't happen there everyday.

also don't take it so personally. :lol: i have no need to portrait myself as some self-righteous cunt champion of india for the day but it does annoy me when people parade around their xenophobia. glad if you weren't doing that then.

Man that's a big stretch taking "to be fair..." and interpreting that as me saying India is a shit country with shit people. Straight to ghost on that one :lol:

And it may not be "normal" but it's certainly not abnormal and THAT was the point I was making. There is a pattern and history to this that's been established and well documented. Are there murderers & rapists in the US? Of course. In Finland? Of course. In Indian? Of course

Is there an established pattern of men telling their wives they're mad that they didn't have a boy baby and therefore kill and in this case tell their wives to kill the baby? In India? Yes. In the US or Finland? No

Same goes for these so called "honor killings" or how about when a woman is gang raped and then killed by her husband or own family because she "let it happen"? Shit like that doesn't happen here or Finland I'm guessing so when stuff like this does happen in a country where there is a well documented history of it, it's not like some is being anti-Indian by pointing it out

And honestly I'm not pissed at you or anything. I just get mad as shit when some assholes take one idiots statement and turn it into an anti-American rant or whatever. Or make less than stellar arguments about how things aren't much better here because someone dropped the brown acid and ate someone's face. Two COMPLETELY different subjects and yet the fact anyone would even try to go there is because it's just a little too fashionable to be anti-American

Man that's a big stretch taking "to be fair..." and interpreting that as me saying India is a shit country with shit people. Straight to ghost on that one :lol:

And it may not be "normal" but it's certainly not abnormal and THAT was the point I was making. There is a pattern and history to this that's been established and well documented. Are there murderers & rapists in the US? Of course. In Finland? Of course. In Indian? Of course

Is there an established pattern of men telling their wives they're mad that they didn't have a boy baby and therefore kill and in this case tell their wives to kill the baby? In India? Yes. In the US or Finland? No

Same goes for these so called "honor killings" or how about when a woman is gang raped and then killed by her husband or own family because she "let it happen"? Shit like that doesn't happen here or Finland I'm guessing so when stuff like this does happen in a country where there is a well documented history of it, it's not like some is being anti-Indian by pointing it out

And honestly I'm not pissed at you or anything. I just get mad as shit when some assholes take one idiots statement and turn it into an anti-American rant or whatever. Or make less than stellar arguments about how things aren't much better here because someone dropped the brown acid and ate someone's face. Two COMPLETELY different subjects and yet the fact anyone would even try to go there is because it's just a little too fashionable to be anti-American

i don't think it's that big of a stretch, if you saw where i was coming from, we were at a bit of cross purposes though.

i can't say that indian people wouldn't wish for sons instead of daughters, but i don't think cases like this one are as common in there anymore as you think. for one technology allows sex-selective abortion as mentioned in the article. if there's a history, it doesn't mean it's still happening to the same degree. if these things happen the media will let us know about it because it's media's job to shock us. how many similar cases have you read about this year, or last?

in finland, there's a pattern of fathers or mothers killing all their children and then themselves because they're depressed, and it happens possibly more than in most other countries. maybe around as much as there are cases like this in a year. it still doesn't make it 'normal' for finnish people.

and yeah i get what you're saying, with the amount of american media and internet content that's spread around the world we're bound to see many of your idiots though, and it's getting hard to see the forest from the idiot trees. :lol:

Just keep in mind our population is what, like the same as all of Europe, Scandinavia (and Finland) combined?

Take all the idiots, tell everyone else in the world they're all part of the same country and then see if your ass gets a little itchy when you're lumped in with someone stupid from England for instance ;)

Its like family honour is a huge thing in India. Their family/village loses respect if someone does something unfavourable and this then reduces their ability to do basic things like talk to other villages to trade or whatever they need to do.
Thing's like this are going down over time as more western parts of life come to india but it's not like this guy isn't gonna get bollocked for what he did.

This. The concept of family honor is all over Asia and the Middle East, and it works both ways (hence why many people of Asian descent are pinned as "overachievers" by Westerners.) It figures into every aspect of society, whether it be the caste system or something based off of the Five Pillar relationships. Problem is, people on the bottom end of the system (women, children, undesirables like the mentally ill or crippled) end up absorbing the burnt of some of these problems. But this is nothing new, shit like this has been going on for thousands of years, not to minimize it though.

Insane people is insane people.
Every country has it's own monsters, even America.;)

Especially America, but this is the moral of the thread right here.^

Just keep in mind our population is what, like the same as all of Europe, Scandinavia (and Finland) combined?

false-population of the USA is around 310 Million people at the moment while Europe is around 740 Million.

Besides that, I actually agree with you, but still, both rants were dumb.

how many similar cases have you read about this year, or last?

I don't want to keep this going but in answer to this question ... so far in the last year or so, I've probably heard or read about 4 different cases. I don't watch news too much or read it, just what headlines and shit I see when I check my email in the morning or what I hear about through here or facebook. But yeah, I can say probably about 4 that I've heard about. I think the most recent aside from the 2 we were discussing was some dude who shot is sister and her boyfriend while they were sleeping.

Thats it, just wanted to answer your question