Industrial Black Metal

Zephyrus

Tyrants and Slaves
Jan 18, 2006
Maine or Iowa
Find me some bands like Aborym and Mysticum who play fast-paced black metal with industrial over-(and under-)tones, particularly atmospheric synths and a drum machine.

Bands like Shade Empire and Tidfall are not what I'm looking for.

Blut Aus Nord are sometimes extremely fast on TWWTG, particularly the song Axis (amazing song).

Hm...you should check out Endless Dismal Moan.

Endless Dismal Moan.

Blacklodge.

Yes! I'm listening to sample tracks of these bands and this is EXACTLY what I'm looking for. Excellent job, guys. I just love how well the rapid industrial drum beats mesh with the black metal riffs.

I'm checking out a sample from TWWTG ("The Howling of God") and it sounds killer, like a cross between Mysticum and Deathspell Omega. If the rest of the album is like this song, I'd be glad to pick it up.

I'm glad you understood the criteria. Keep those recs coming.

I agree with Blut Aus Nord. nobody does industrial black metal better than they do.

try that Thorns album or 666 International

I own 666 International and I like some of the faster parts, but consistency is lacking majorly.

I tried Thorns a couple times and something just didn't click with me. Point me in the right direction and that may change.

The Thorns album is good when the songs stay focused on metal. There are way too many meandering ambient parts, though. Interface to God is a great song. It's too bad little else on the album measures up to it.

I'm also looking into the Swedish band Diabolicum, and they seem to fit the bill quite nicely. Anyone else heard them?

yes, Diabolicum is pretty good. Go with Dark Blood Rising. also try Thee Maldoror Kollective - New Era Viral Order