Industrial/Electronic Metal

Perdition's Light

dinosaur jr.
Apr 5, 2004
What bands come to mind when you think of this 'genre'. It's certainly a very hit-or-miss style but I think there is a lot of potential for good music and it is still relatively unexplored territory when compared with the main (and more important overall) subgenres.

The ones that come to mind at the moment for myself:

Red Harvest
Fear Factory
Samael
Ministry
...And Oceans
Aborym
Axis of Perdition
some Blut Aus Nord music (especially TWWTG)

and that's all I can think of at the moment, although I know there are tons more. The unfortunate truth is that most attempts at incorporating electronic or industrial styles seamlessly with metal end up sounding like a diluted mixture of both or else forced and tired.

Feel free to mention any examples of the style, whether you personally enjoy the music or not, but please make a special note of the ones that stand out above the rest so that I check them out. Thanks.

Probably not "METAL" but it's got some cool heavy guitar riffs.

check it out:

:devil:

Last edited by a moderator:
They take a lot of crap from some people, but I would say Rammstein shows off the things I like best about Industrial metal. Their tunes are simple, but it's the amazing composition that makes them fun to listen to--they are able to give off that dark, plodding vibe better than anything else I've heard. Their style also helps, they do a very good job of putting on a costume and pyrotechnics show.