industrial metal bands

G

general

hey, got a buddy who's looking for some top notch industrial bands. know any?

KMFDM isn't industrial metal. Technically, it's industrial rock...not heavy enough to be considered metal. Ministry is a good one. SYL - City is another one that was mentioned. Superb album! Fear Factory of course. Front Line Assembly's albums "Millenium" and "Hard Wired" are industrial metal, but more on the industrial side. 16 Volt is another one to check out, along with Acumen Nation, Chemlab, and Steril (if you can find their albums). Cubanate can be considered techno-metal, but it's heavy as fuck. The only other one I can think of is Spineshank, but they're not exactly very high on my list.

Was he looking for just industrial, or specifically industrial metal?

Originally posted by FFfan1
KMFDM isn't industrial metal. Technically, it's industrial rock...not heavy enough to be considered metal.
KMFDM is its own genre. to call it simply 'industrial rock' is a fucking insult. they are the best band to have ever had the word 'industrial' associated with them. i dont find 16volt to be particularly heavier than KMFDM. not to mention they're nowhere near as good. so even if KMFDM isnt metal he should fucking listen to them anyway.
-neal

Originally posted by neal
KMFDM is its own genre. to call it simply 'industrial rock' is a fucking insult. they are the best band to have ever had the word 'industrial' associated with them. i dont find 16volt to be particularly heavier than KMFDM. not to mention they're nowhere near as good. so even if KMFDM isnt metal he should fucking listen to them anyway.
-neal

I agree that KMFDM did a lot for industrial, but to call them the best thing to happen to industrial is flat out wrong in my opinion. Skinny Puppy is the best thing to happen to industrial, and anyone I've talked to that listens to industrial has agreed with me. As far as 16 Volt not being heavier than KMFDM, which album are you talking about? If you've heard SuperCoolNothing, you would take back what you said. Anything else, I would say it's close and at times I would say that yes KMFDM is heavier than 16 Volt. And to say 16 Volt isn't as good? I'm sorry, but I do have to laugh at that. Eric Powell has written some of the best industrial metal I've heard. True, the programming isn't as excessive as KMFDM, but that doesn't make it worse than KMFDM. I'd like to hear KMFDM pull out some of the guitar riffs that Powell can. KMFDM is not the see all / end all in industrial. That title belongs to and always will belong to Skinny Puppy. That's my opinion.

i saw 16volt open for KMFDM and they didnt impress me much. it was all powerchord riffing. there was some cool/catchy shit but for the most part i wanted them to finish up so i could see who i really went there for. i have heard 1 16volt album but i dont remember what it was called. im not really an industrail fan but if you think skinny puppy is so fucking great ill check them out if i remember.
-neal

i saw 16volt open for KMFDM and they didnt impress me much. it was all powerchord riffing. there was some cool/catchy shit but for the most part i wanted them to finish up so i could see who i really went there for. i have heard 1 16volt album but i dont remember what it was called. im not really an industrail fan but if you think skinny puppy is so fucking great ill check them out if i remember.
-neal

What year did you see 16 Volt open? If I knew the year, then I could probably think of what songs they played. And again, yes 16 Volt is more guitar based than "industrial" based, so I can see why some industrial fans would be turned off to them.
And I do highly recommend Skinny Puppy, but a word of warning. Skinny Puppy is like the Meshuggah of industrial. You don't appreciate them on one listen. You need to listen to them over and over again to really grasp everything they're doing. I recommend their album Rabies, Too Dark Park, or The Process. Those are probably my favorites, but I don't even have all of their albums. I have most though. I would definitely check them out if you want to hear some complex industrial.

Originally posted by FFfan1
What year did you see 16 Volt open? If I knew the year, then I could probably think of what songs they played. And again, yes 16 Volt is more guitar based than "industrial" based, so I can see why some industrial fans would be turned off to them.
i saw them just a few months ago. and i just said im not an industrial fan so too many guitars isnt my complaint. im a fuckin metalhead dude guitar is my favorite haha. i dont like meshuggah either.
-neal

i saw them just a few months ago. and i just said im not an industrial fan so too many guitars isnt my complaint. im a fuckin metalhead dude guitar is my favorite haha. i dont like meshuggah either.
-neal

To each his own.