Infidel Rising - The Torn Wings Of Illusion

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
High class proggy melodic metal from USA. Don't have too much info about who's in the band but the two songs on youtube are both good. The singer can sound a bit whiny but he's like a slightly higher pitched Khan but the song's melodies are pretty great The music has straight melodic passages like Kamelot and then suddenly goes all proggy. Many people here should be fans of this no doubt.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually liked this quite a bit and ordered last night. As mentioned elsewhere I think this is a god mashup of Psyco Drama and Vanishing Point mixed with some other various power metal goodness. The two songs I heard might be the best on the album, who knows? I like supporting indies and they are cool dudes, so hopefully this meets my expectations.

I'm absolutely loving this right now. The vocals aren't exceptional but they're more than good enough for me. I've only gotten in two playthroughs but so far it's excellent. I'm definitely ordering this next paycheck (buying PPUSA tickets on top of last month's hotel bill leaves me with jack squat).

Here's another song, this was the one that got me hooked:

Last edited by a moderator:
This actually sounds pretty awesome. Good find! Vocalist doesn't bother me at all, especially if he gets even better with time.

I agree...it's not as "proggy" as I generally like, but I didn't have a problem with the singer at all. I did hear a couple of slightly "whiny" (or "thin") moments, but it was only a note or two, and if I hadn't been expecting it I probably would have never noticed it. I did hear a Khan similarity at a few points, but again, it was only a few brief moments. I don't think the singer is a negative in the least...very solid.

Very solid effort!

Craig