Info for MSN/Hotmail Users

mousewings

Nov 21, 2001
MSN/Hotmail has added two personal preference options and switched them both to "Yes" without telling users. One of them allows your e-mail to be shared with other users, while the other gives access to personal information (possibly including address).

To change these preferences:
1. Sign into your e-mail account (for those with more than one hotmail account do this for all of them).

2. Click on Options.

3. Scroll to the bottom to see the two added boxes (probably set to Yes, share my information or something like that.

4. Deselect the boxes and save your changes.

Even if you have old Hotmail accounts that are still undeleted, do this for them too, since they have your information on file still... Also be sure to always log out of your Hotmail e-mail account once you are done with it. I've heard of people who went into the MSN chatrooms without logging out of Hotmail and their passwords were available for everyone to see.

Thank you for your time.

Hmm... I've never tried that option, but then again I only used Hotmail for about 2 weeks before I switched.

Oh yeah, I think you also need to click on Personal Preferences after you click Options and then scroll down to reach the added boxes.

Does anybody know a Mailprovider offering POP Clients on other Email accounts, like Hotmail still does? I'm asking because Hotmail is going to close this service July 16th or something...

Originally posted by Northern Viking
Does anybody know a Mailprovider offering POP Clients on other Email accounts, like Hotmail still does? I'm asking because Hotmail is going to close this service July 16th or something...

Any e-mail accounts hosted by everyone.net (such as mine).