Info on the new album...

Ever hear the ST ANGER album?
The whole album straight through has a VERY tinny drum sound.
The joke at the time was that Lars banged on soup cans instead of a drum kit.
Here's another variation:
1050d1057981460-how-metallica-got-st-anger-drum-sound-st-anger-kit.jpg

I still don't get what the fuck any of that has to do with what was being discussed on this thread.

Me neither. Sorry ,I thought you were looking for an explanation on what the Lars drum thing was about.

Back on topic, I agree 100% with you Larry on having guest musicians.
It makes no sense when bands do it simply just to name drop.

While I like both Ice T and Black Sabbath, having Ice T on a track on FORBIDDEN was absurd. Sadly, it was released during Sabbath's lowest point in their career in terms of their popularity, and I am sure the label felt having Ice T might score the band some cool points, but it made no sense.

While I like both Ice T and Black Sabbath, having Ice T on a track on FORBIDDEN was absurd. Sadly, it was released during Sabbath's lowest point in their career in terms of their popularity, and I am sure the label felt having Ice T might score the band some cool points, but it made no sense.

Makes perfect sense to me, Ice T is a bad ass mo-fo! Law & Order SVU dawg, recognize!

Christmas has come and gone, and we still do not have a cover art for aphotic, I know patients is a virtue, but it is one I most certainly do not have.

To my knowledge, a release date has still not yet been specifically set for the new cd, though we're anticipating it being an early/mid-Spring release if all goes accordingly. Hopefully sometime soon we'll have something new to share with you guys, once the timing is right and we're given the go-ahead to do so. Right now a couple of us have some important personal things going on in our lives that's taking precedence over this stuff, but hopefully soon things will get back to normal and we'll start updating more.

Meanwhile, y'know it's been looking pretty quiet around these parts anyhow......you guys can start talking and discussing things more without us yanno! I see there's a thread started about The Knowing re-release that hasn't even gotten one single comment yet? Have any of you guys picked up the re-release yet? Does anyone give a fuck about it at all?? lol Feel free to talk amongst yourselves...

Speaking of guest acts, Paul was awesome on Draconians latest. Their spoken word always came off as corny as SHIT. Paul made it sound much more mature, and sorrowful tbh. But that is the aim of that type of music!

"Would you help me slit my wrists, see me cry, help me....DIEEEEE!!!" Love it.

Also, the king of spoken word in metal - Saturnus, on INRI was awesome. My favorite song of the album, Pauls best cleans ever with Saturnus singer doing spoken word (and ending growls). It was doom as FUCK! The ending riffage melts faces for days.

Paul,

Could you tell us the extent of Dan's involvement if it's not too early? Does he sing a full song or just a part of a tune? Are the clean and death vocals onm the same track?

Thank you. I look forward to this album.

Paul,

Could you tell us the extent of Dan's involvement if it's not too early? Does he sing a full song or just a part of a tune? Are the clean and death vocals onm the same track?

Thank you. I look forward to this album.

It's minor. It's in the chorus sections. He does a clean whisper between my vocal lines, ending on the last with a big deep growled word. Brief, but BAD ASS.