Info on the new album...

The artwork has been approved, and we're close to submitting it all to the label. Once we do I'm sure they will release the cover art, song titles, and drop the names of the guest appearances on this.

3 guest appearances. All very cool.

awesome, is that including the violin and keys we saw in the vids?

Seriously Paul,
I did not see the video that had her in it, nor am I FB friends with her.

It was just a guess, as a violinist in the area who I thought of immediately. Cool!

well, I will make a few guesses, and I am going to assume that none of those yet to be reviled have been on previous releases, so I am going to guess Fernando from moonspell as a guest vocalist, he has admitted his appreciation for the band in the past and he has also made guest appearances the past, so that's my guess.

Hey Paul, I really think it'd be great if you asked Dan Swano to do some vocals, clean or growled, on one of your songs. We all knoq Dan is the man and he has a cult following. I know Swano fans who buy everything he does.

Hey Paul, I really think it'd be great if you asked Dan Swano to do some vocals, clean or growled, on one of your songs. We all knoq Dan is the man and he has a cult following. I know Swano fans who buy everything he does.

well, dan has appeared on an ND song before, he did the second guitar solo in dark world burden.

I love me some Swano, but I actually don't see much of a point in him doing guest vocals. Paul already does basically everything Dan brings to the table... I feel like guest appearances should be about what they add to the music, not just adding another name to the album.

Unless its for working with a friend, then thats totally cool too

I agree with you totally. Any guest appearances that are on an ND record should be there because they actually add something important to the mix, and make the song better. I can guarantee that any and all of the guests on the new cd are there because they NEED to be there. You'll understand when you hear it. None of it is frivolous and for the sake of having a "name" to add. If they're a "friend" of the band whom we want to work with (such as someone like Dan, or Rachel, etc.), then that's an added bonus for us.

And I can understand what Lamers is saying, since Dan and Paul have very similar styles and so forth. And I can tell you, my personal opinion (and seemingly the opinion of almost everyone whose actually heard the new disc so far) is that Paul's vocals on this new cd are some of the very best he's ever done, both in the clean stuff and the guttural vox. So his vocals on their own are pretty awesome.

.......but, come to think of it, wouldn't it just be doublly awesome if you had both Paul and someone like Dan together?? I'm not saying it happened, but yknow, just think about it.....

;-)