BlindPanzer

Iced Guardian was taken:)
Mar 27, 2004
Miami
www.painofsalvation.com

Scarsick
2006-03-01

scarsickdetail.jpg

The name of the coming album will be Scarsick, and the band is focusing on the songs right now, to be recorded during the coming months. Daniel describes the albums as much more band oriented and down to the core. Threatening and disturbing. The picture above is the only part of the cover art that has been revealed so far. Now all we can do is wait...

Introducting Regius Elements
2006-03-01

Mayones and Daniel Gildenlow have come up with a new guitar series based on the Regius model, but with specs completely in accordance to Daniel's wants and needs.

"I have been offered endorsement from several guitar makers since I started playing Parker back in 1997, but none has caught my undivided attention until now. I have always been very picky about my choices, and now I have finally found the guitars I've been looking for. After having sorted all the details out, I can say that this guitar will kick your guitar's ass regardless of what you play. And the fact that it is one of the most beautiful guitars I've ever played doesn't hurt either."

The series of guitars will be called Regius Elements (after The Perfect Element) and will come in five different models or "elements", each one limited to ten guitars (of which five will be 7-stringed and the other five 6-stringed). Every model in the series will have an official "release date" when it is going to be available to the public. Thus, "Fire" will be the first model to be introduced in June this year, and will be limited to ten guitars. It will be followed by "Water", "Earth" and "Air" every three months. "Perfect" is scheduled for summer 2007, and is still cloaked in mystery.

Every guitar will be hand built and follow the exact specifications of the model, so you'll have the exact same guitar as Daniel. "I hate it when guitar makers introduce a signature series, but you find out that the artists themselves have had their guitars adjusted in certain ways, modified or more precisely built - if you buy Regius Elements you get the real deal."

More information and specifications will be revealed later on, but a few interesting details can be noted already:

The guitars have pre-installed D-tuners (or A-tuners on the 7-strings), Pietzo bridges, and have special large fretboard elemental symbol inlays designed by Daniel. They will come with a special set of strings (and one extra pack included) made just for this guitar series by Firewire Strings in Canada - gauges 010-052 (065 for the 7-string) with a wound 018 third string. Attention has been focused on every single little detail on the guitar, and each guitar will be shipped in a hard case with a certificate signed by Daniel. Every guitar will be given a unique individual name by Daniel, and will have a special POS-related serial number, also mentioned on the certificate.

Regardless of which element you will choose, rest assured that you will get a killer guitar that will last a lifetime. So start saving your money and stay tuned, because this June, Mayones, Firewire Strings and Daniel Gildenlow will take the show on the road!

The first four elements ("Fire", "Water", "Earth" and "Air") will be on display for the first time on MusikMesse 2006 International Music Trade Fair in Frankfurt March 29 - April 4, 2006. The fifth element ("Perfect") will be introduced on the summer of 2007.

Bass situation
2006-03-01

There has been a lot of discussions on forums and by e-mail since the announcement that Kristoffer will no longer be part of the band, so we thought we might clear a few things out.

First of all, we are very sad to see Kristoffer go of course. Some fans have described this as a catastrophy beyond words, others as a "so-what" event. It is of course neither - it is what we would like to label "a big deal" - but the most important thing to remember is that this was a band decision, with focus on the future of the band.

We have decided not to stress this, we will take all the time needed to find the perfect bass player. There is no replacement bass player under consideration as of yet, but since so many bass players have already started contacting us, we might as well make clear what is needed for this task, to save some people the trouble:

The premises:
1. You are a very, very good bass player that masters slapping/tapping/finger/pick on both fretted and fretless 6-string basses.
2. You are a fast learner with a very good ear.
3. You have a good voice with a decent range and are used to singing harmonies.
4. You are driven and responsible and can learn the earlier albums basically on your own.
5. You live in Sweden, or maybe you are so rich that you can take a private jet there two or three times a week. In any case, there will basically be rehearsals that often, and you need to be able to be there somehow.
6. You are a nice girl or a boy of say 20-35 that loves music in many forms.
7. You don't do drugs, and you are very restrictive with alcohol (never a drop before a show).

The bonuses:
8. You feel at home on stage and can spend tons of energy without having your playing suffer.
9. You have a driver's license.
10. You take an interest in world issues and politics. You probably think that Gandhi's march for salt or his burning of passports were braver political actions than Bush's war on terror.
11. You look cool.

So, is this you, or anyone you know? In that case, you are welcome to introduce yourself to us, preferrably with some photos and sound samples. As already mentioned, we are in the process of recording the next album and we will most likely not bring a new member in before this album is done. However, we said the same thing back in 1998 but then we found Johan, so you never know...

bassplayer@painofsalvation.com

Mayones guitars
2006-02-28

It is now official that Daniel and Johan Hallgren will be playing Mayones guitars. Daniel will also have his signature model available to the public in a limited series called "Elements". More information about this will follow soon.

Fanzine delayed
2006-02-27

The POS International Fan Club (IFC) Machinah has decided to postpone the printing of the next fanzine, in order to add some more in-depth information about Kristoffer's departure from the band. It will be printed and delivered very soon though. Check their home page for more information.
www.machinah.com

Kewl news 8] can't wait for the next PoS album! I meet everyone of those bass requirements except for the fact that I dont look cool at all. I am a 400 pound hermaphrodite. :[

What they are looking for in a bassist... is a big part of the reason that I love them.

sloppyj03 said:
Kewl news 8] can't wait for the next PoS album! I meet everyone of those bass standards except for the fact that I dont look cool at all. I am a 400 pound hermaphrodite. :[

God Damn Sloppy :O. I thought you were suppose to wait till you had your Gold Badge to reveal to the world your secret?

Sweet news. Cover reminds me of Concrete Lake sort of.

BlindPanzer said:
10. You take an interest in world issues and politics. You probably think that Gandhi's march for salt or his burning of passports were braver political actions than Bush's war on terror.

So if you're not a Gandhi fanboy, you're not PoS material. People who are just really into salt but not Gandhi will be considered borderline.

BlindPanzer said:
7. You don't do drugs, and you are very restrictive with alcohol (never a drop before a show).
11. You look cool.
:lol: respect for PoS just went up another 4 notches. I can't wait to see these special guitars, or hear their new album.

BlindPanzer said:
www.painofsalvation.com

Scarsick
2006-03-01

scarsickdetail.jpg

The name of the coming album will be Scarsick, and the band is focusing on the songs right now, to be recorded during the coming months. Daniel describes the albums as much more band oriented and down to the core. Threatening and disturbing. The picture above is the only part of the cover art that has been revealed so far. Now all we can do is wait...

Introducting Regius Elements
2006-03-01

Mayones and Daniel Gildenlow have come up with a new guitar series based on the Regius model, but with specs completely in accordance to Daniel's wants and needs.

"I have been offered endorsement from several guitar makers since I started playing Parker back in 1997, but none has caught my undivided attention until now. I have always been very picky about my choices, and now I have finally found the guitars I've been looking for. After having sorted all the details out, I can say that this guitar will kick your guitar's ass regardless of what you play. And the fact that it is one of the most beautiful guitars I've ever played doesn't hurt either."

The series of guitars will be called Regius Elements (after The Perfect Element) and will come in five different models or "elements", each one limited to ten guitars (of which five will be 7-stringed and the other five 6-stringed). Every model in the series will have an official "release date" when it is going to be available to the public. Thus, "Fire" will be the first model to be introduced in June this year, and will be limited to ten guitars. It will be followed by "Water", "Earth" and "Air" every three months. "Perfect" is scheduled for summer 2007, and is still cloaked in mystery.

Every guitar will be hand built and follow the exact specifications of the model, so you'll have the exact same guitar as Daniel. "I hate it when guitar makers introduce a signature series, but you find out that the artists themselves have had their guitars adjusted in certain ways, modified or more precisely built - if you buy Regius Elements you get the real deal."

More information and specifications will be revealed later on, but a few interesting details can be noted already:

The guitars have pre-installed D-tuners (or A-tuners on the 7-strings), Pietzo bridges, and have special large fretboard elemental symbol inlays designed by Daniel. They will come with a special set of strings (and one extra pack included) made just for this guitar series by Firewire Strings in Canada - gauges 010-052 (065 for the 7-string) with a wound 018 third string. Attention has been focused on every single little detail on the guitar, and each guitar will be shipped in a hard case with a certificate signed by Daniel. Every guitar will be given a unique individual name by Daniel, and will have a special POS-related serial number, also mentioned on the certificate.

Regardless of which element you will choose, rest assured that you will get a killer guitar that will last a lifetime. So start saving your money and stay tuned, because this June, Mayones, Firewire Strings and Daniel Gildenlow will take the show on the road!

The first four elements ("Fire", "Water", "Earth" and "Air") will be on display for the first time on MusikMesse 2006 International Music Trade Fair in Frankfurt March 29 - April 4, 2006. The fifth element ("Perfect") will be introduced on the summer of 2007.

Bass situation
2006-03-01

There has been a lot of discussions on forums and by e-mail since the announcement that Kristoffer will no longer be part of the band, so we thought we might clear a few things out.

First of all, we are very sad to see Kristoffer go of course. Some fans have described this as a catastrophy beyond words, others as a "so-what" event. It is of course neither - it is what we would like to label "a big deal" - but the most important thing to remember is that this was a band decision, with focus on the future of the band.

We have decided not to stress this, we will take all the time needed to find the perfect bass player. There is no replacement bass player under consideration as of yet, but since so many bass players have already started contacting us, we might as well make clear what is needed for this task, to save some people the trouble:

The premises:
1. You are a very, very good bass player that masters slapping/tapping/finger/pick on both fretted and fretless 6-string basses.
2. You are a fast learner with a very good ear.
3. You have a good voice with a decent range and are used to singing harmonies.
4. You are driven and responsible and can learn the earlier albums basically on your own.
5. You live in Sweden, or maybe you are so rich that you can take a private jet there two or three times a week. In any case, there will basically be rehearsals that often, and you need to be able to be there somehow.

The bonuses:
8. You feel at home on stage and can spend tons of energy without having your playing suffer.
9. You have a driver's license.
11. You look cool.

So, is this you, or anyone you know? In that case, you are welcome to introduce yourself to us, preferrably with some photos and sound samples. As already mentioned, we are in the process of recording the next album and we will most likely not bring a new member in before this album is done. However, we said the same thing back in 1998 but then we found Johan, so you never know...

bassplayer@painofsalvation.com

Mayones guitars
2006-02-28

It is now official that Daniel and Johan Hallgren will be playing Mayones guitars. Daniel will also have his signature model available to the public in a limited series called "Elements". More information about this will follow soon.

Fanzine delayed
2006-02-27

The POS International Fan Club (IFC) Machinah has decided to postpone the printing of the next fanzine, in order to add some more in-depth information about Kristoffer's departure from the band. It will be printed and delivered very soon though. Check their home page for more information.
www.machinah.com

They forgot "Americans need not apply"