Input list dilema! Too many preamps&mikes!Post your opinion!

Alex, just to make sure and clarify this; you are working in YOUR studio? Why not do a test and split the signal 2-3 ways and try which preamp you like the most with same mic position on each drum element. Match the gain and then a/b test them. You never know if you don't try, even the Saffire preamps could be really good for some applications.

Yes, I´m working in my own studio, but I don´t have any 3 way splitter, just a 2 way one....but I can check it with it, one signal to the API and the other to the germanium, and in other test I can compare my audients against saffire´s...is any one interested in the output??
I don´t usually use saffire´s preamps because of the converters (for the other 15 preamps I use a SSL 24 channel converter) and sometimes I think it´s all about a "placebo effect", I mean, when I started recording and have no gear, I used to record good tracks with the saffire pre´s and no problem, and by the time I bought all the other stuff it´s like I punished them to only record trigger hahaha, anyway thank you Anssi!!

I would do it something like this:

test1 API + TL, better sounding = W1
test2 W1 + Audient, better sounding = W2
test3 W2 + Chandler, better sounding = W3
test4 W3 + Saffire, better sounding = Final

Move to the next element, rinse and repeat. With drums I would say the priority is 1 snare 2 kick 3 everything else. Eventho it seems like a drag to do it this way, it shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to do it per element, so about 1 hour max with all.

Oh, one more question, as I see there´s no much love here for the TLaudio pre´s.....(it´s worth 1000€ if I recall correctly) which would be your choice in this price range, may be I can sell it and take something else....

you might want to try looking at the great river me-1nv It'll give you an awesome neve style pre that goes from pretty clean to colored and saturated. it's great for heavy guitars.

I would do it something like this:

test1 API + TL, better sounding = W1
test2 W1 + Audient, better sounding = W2
test3 W2 + Chandler, better sounding = W3
test4 W3 + Saffire, better sounding = Final

Yep, it would be nice, but until next month I have no drum recordings :rolleyes:
Anyway I´ll make the comparison!

you might want to try looking at the great river me-1nv It'll give you an awesome neve style pre that goes from pretty clean to colored and saturated. it's great for heavy guitars.

Yes man, I want it all, those Great river, Vintech, Aurora, Neve oh shit GASSSSSS!!!o_O

By the way, I´m thinking too in my vocal chain and my possibilities, normally I track like that:

- Melodic stuff: Neumann TLM103 ---> Distressor ---> Chandler Germanium
- Scremo/Gutural stuff. Shure SM7 ---> Distressor ---> Chandler Germanium

You guys thinking may be I´d take better results tracking with any of my other preamps????