Insane Indian prog death

raptured

Nov 12, 2010
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA3ckjPXWKo&feature=related[/ame]

Anyone ever heard of this insane band ? I never heard anything like this before..:worship:

The name of the band is Amogh Symphony

It's certainly different...and has its moments: and I hope that your label "prog death" does not put others off listening! That's always the curse of applying a genre descriptor...

Thanks for bringing to our attention.

Paul :worship:

It is fun to post unknown music but for me this is too formulaic, heavily edited and processed. Not progy and I would leave out the Death adjective as it is not there.. I did like the middle part with the Techno break..!

It is fun to post unknown music but for me this is too formulaic, heavily edited and processed. Not progy and I would leave out the Death adjective as it is not there.. I did like the middle part with the Techno break..!

No..you're right, there is no death element in the tune that I posted but it is present in some of the other songs.

I disagree with you about it not being progy.....IMO, it's VERY progressive.

I disagree with you about it not being progy.....IMO, it's VERY progressive.

Well, its art so we all will interpret it differently. For me, just because something is labeled "progressive" or "prog" doesn't mean I will feel or hear it that way. For example, some people and I guess the band as well would label Amorphis "Skyforger" as Doom Metal. I don't hear it ( and will not tear that record a new one in this thread) or Raintime as Progressive. Tons of edits and fast vacuous notes isn't always progressive, to me... I'm not trying to be contrary, but this forum seems like the place for this type of critical breakdown.

Its fun..(to me..lol).

I like this track but can only find their new disc which seems to a a minute or two of talking to start each song...